SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

Not always enforced. Fixed your post for you.

Then we could make the argument that the police are selectively enforcing these laws. I am not excusing it, and personally, I am not really that fussed about it. But it's funny when an 18, 19 and 20 year old “adult” gets busted for MIP, it's not really a story, and it's only news when an athlete does it. This seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Minor in Consumption is nothing. Most of us drank before we were legal able to, even when the drinking age was 18.

Could be worse. Look at the problem this star QB has at a "racist" university.

http://msn.foxsports...plifting-043014

You and I could drink in Minnesota when we were 19 years old. I think they should consider changing that law again. If you're old your old enough to vote and die for your country in battle (in the military). I think you should be able to drink a beer without getting arrested. Again, we shouldn’t drive after consuming. This is just my opinion. Like I said, I understand college students drink. It wasn't like this happened during the season.

So you're not the only one that figured that out? I predict it won't be long before he comes up with another log in name and then is banned again.

How many names has this guy had on here? Is it bad that I've read this site for so long I have an idea of who is saying what without looking at their name?

It's a minor issue, but the refusing to halt part does kinda bother me, although I do know people who have gotten that charge for extremely petty acts. Nonetheless, I hope the university acts quickly and hands out two game suspensions. I like the way UND has handled off the field trouble in the past, and trust that they will do it this time as well. In the end, it is the first two games of the season and they really do not matter.

Travis Beck walked 20 yards around the corner (see video tape), and I think that got an extra 40 pages on this site for his awful 'resisting arrest' action. Fleeing to avoid arrest is no big deal? It sure was over here with Travis, and he didn't run from the police at all. Police don't selectively enforce laws in parks and MIP's, those laws are consistently enforced. What is selective is whether MIP's end up in the newspaper, and I guess 4th place warrants an article. Or maybe is was the fleeing on foot that made it newsworthy.

Travis Beck walked 20 yards around the corner (see video tape), and I think that got an extra 40 pages on this site for his awful 'resisting arrest' action. Fleeing to avoid arrest is no big deal? It sure was over here with Travis, and he didn't run from the police at all. Police don't selectively enforce laws in parks and MIP's, those laws are consistently enforced. What is selective is whether MIP's end up in the newspaper, and I guess 4th place warrants an article. Or maybe is was the fleeing on foot that made it newsworthy.

WTF is Travis Beck and WTF is he being mentioned on this site? Did he play hockey for a club team somewhere or am I just that out of touch with some hockey program?

• Upvote 2

WTF is Travis Beck and WTF is he being mentioned on this site? Did he play hockey for a club team somewhere or am I just that out of touch with some hockey program?

Beck? Isn't he the guy that sang the song "Loser" in the early 1990's? Or was he the guy that played h.s. basketball for Linton and won back-to-back Class B state titles in the '80's?

Hey, if we're going to dog-pile Goon and his use of proper English, can we once-and-for-all get the phrase "could care less" fixed?

If you COULD care less, you are indicating that you actually DO care, albeit probably just a little. If you "could not care less" or "couldn't care less," you are stating that you don't care at all, hence the expression.

THANK YOU. Ugh, a pet peeve.

Clearly you didn't drink underage much.....

• Upvote 3

Hey, if we're going to dog-pile Goon and his use of proper English, can we once-and-for-all get the phrase "could care less" fixed?

If you COULD care less, you are indicating that you actually DO care, albeit probably just a little. If you "could not care less" or "couldn't care less," you are stating that you don't care at all, hence the expression.

Is that you, Mrs. Gilberts?

If you COULD care less, you are indicating that you actually DO care, albeit probably just a little. If you "could not care less" or "couldn't care less," you are stating that you don't care at all, hence the exp<b></b>ression.

As I used to tell my brother, 'Same difference'...:)
  • Upvote 1

You're right. It's totally the same thing. Especially if those guys kicked six different kinds of dog crap out of some random guy sitting on a bench in University Park. You'll also have to show us the video of Travis Beck from the police car video. And then show us the video of these three and get back to us.

Lets be clear, Beck is an anger management problem, if I am not mistaken, a known hot head. Beck was fleeing because he has just punched someone in the chops. The three UND hockey players in question didn't... I don't think this is the same issue, by a long shot.

• Upvote 3

If you COULD care less, you are indicating that you actually DO care, albeit probably just a little. If you "could not care less" or "couldn't care less," you are stating that you don't care at all, hence the exp<b></b>ression.

Couldn't care less.

Beck? Isn't he the guy that sang the song "Loser" in the early 1990's? Or was he the guy that played h.s. basketball for Linton and won back-to-back Class B state titles in the '80's?

Yeah I heard of those guys, but not Travis. Is Travis Beck the answer to some trivia contest question?

• Upvote 1

Beck Ola. Good album.

The Swedish translation of 'Loser' is the best. Apparently the Swedes didn't think "I'm a loser, baby. So why don't you kill me?" was an appropriate lyric. So it got changed to "I'm a loser, baby, cause I don't have a driver's license." I kid you not.

• Upvote 1

Lesson here is in acceleration and agility.

A D1 athlete needs to be able to outrun a junior-rentacop-intraining through a park.

#Littlehustlewouldvehadit

They should all do one of those obstacle course races in the off season to prepare for these kind of situations!