SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

They're, as in "they are". You missed it ... twice. <facepalm>

There: a place, as in "over there".

Their: possessive, as in "give that back, it's theirs, not yours".

They're: a contraction for "they are", as in "They are facing class B misdemeanors".

Signed,

The Society to Prevent Cruelty to the English Language :D

Ha! It took all my restraint not to say anything, but I'm glad someone did!

To me...this is a non-issue. Boys will be boys...they got minors, who cares. We all did. If it is true they tried to bolt, I still don't care as we all tried to bolt when the police showed up to a party. Again, this is a laugher as what else to the GFPD have to do, seriously. I bet this made the front page of the Herald didn't it? Now if one of the was blasted at the wheel, got into an accident and hurt somebody....entirely different deal.

The difference is they are UND hockey players with scholarships and represent the university and hockey program. We weren't. Could care less if they drink or not just don't be stupid about it.

The difference is they are UND hockey players with scholarships and represent the university and hockey program. We weren't. Could care less if they drink or not just don't be stupid about it.

I know but not only are they kids, these charges are so minor (literally :) ). I think they are making a big deal out of nothing....there are no Aaron Hernendez's on this team. The local media simply has nothing else to write about. I mean, they didn't get caught stealing crab legs or anything.

I know but not only are they kids, these charges are so minor (literally :) ). I think they are making a big deal out of nothing....there are no Aaron Hernendez's on this team. The local media simply has nothing else to write about. I mean, they didn't get caught stealing crab legs or anything.

So we get to pick and choose what laws we follow? What if everyone decided that the speed limit did not apply to them? What if everyone decided they could drink and drive?

It's a minor issue, but the refusing to halt part does kinda bother me, although I do know people who have gotten that charge for extremely petty acts. Nonetheless, I hope the university acts quickly and hands out two game suspensions. I like the way UND has handled off the field trouble in the past, and trust that they will do it this time as well. In the end, it is the first two games of the season and they really do not matter.

On April 12th, Thompson, Murphy, and Johnson were spotted by UND Police walking through University Park SEVEN minutes after the park closed. The cops apparently wanted to inform the three that the park had closed seven minutes prior. Instead, Thompson and Murphy got scared and ran. All three admitted to having about 8-10 beers. This should be a non-issue.

So we get to pick and choose what laws we follow? What if everyone decided that the speed limit did not apply to them? What if everyone decided they could drink and drive?

I'm not saying what they did was ok and you are taking it to a whole different level. Even the law categorizes crimes differently. I am not even saying they shouldn't get skated. I'm saying this is not a big deal so people like us don't even need to be talking about it. These guys shouldn't miss anytime. They should get a warning.

I'm not saying what they did was ok and you are taking it to a whole different level. Even the law categorizes crimes differently. I am not even saying they shouldn't get skated. I'm saying this is not a big deal so people like us don't even need to be talking about it. These guys shouldn't miss anytime. They should get a warning.

Again you are now saying because they are at different levels you are saying it is ok to pick and choose which laws to obey. By the way speeding is a lower crime than an MIP or fleeing.

Again you are now saying because they are at different levels you are saying it is ok to pick and choose which laws to obey. By the way speeding is a lower crime than an MIP or fleeing.

No I am not...I am saying the punishment (by Hak) should be drastically less when compared to a more severe crime (extremely similar to the court system).

All Grand Forks parks have had a closing time for years. Some of us knew this. Also the signs might have been a clue.

I have to admit that I ride by the Lincoln Park at night on my bike and there are people there pretty late. Same with River Side Park as well.