SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

I perused through last year's Orange Bowl, where JIS played on kick-off coverage for Miss. State. He's got speed and a motor that doesn't stop. On both of his solo tackles, he busted through opposing blocks and some of his own players to beat them to the tackle. Welcome aboard!

I usually don't come on here during the day, usually in the evenings.  I just saw a post on FB about us signing him.....was so excited I had to come on!   I've been back up in ND for about 4 weeks, flying back to AZ tonight.....this is some great news before I leave the great state of ND.   Football isn't far away.....will really start to get excited about things now!

So does anyone know if we should expect Vashon Tucker to be an immediate impact? Sounds like he had some nice FBS offers, but will he compete right away or strictly backup? OR since he already took a year off would he still qualify to redshirt if they wanted him to?

I think I saw somewhere he was ranked in the top 100's DB in 2013. So he has the skills maybe some rust but our secondary is quickly getting more depth with both Jahmere and Vashon added to the roster.

Adding those two corners is certainly a positive. I don't know what to expect, but it doesn't hurt to add two players with as much potential as they have. Fall camp reports will quickly fill in those playing ability details, I'm sure.

Welcome, Jahmere and Vashon. I'm excited to have both of you on board. You won't regret your decision to go to UND and play for the Fighting Sioux.

They will not be playing for the Fighting Sioux. There is not an NCAA football team currently known as the Fighting Sioux. Pretty sure their jersey will say Sundogs, Roughriders, or Fighting Hawks.

• Downvote 7

They will not be playing for the Fighting Sioux. There is not an NCAA football team currently known as the Fighting Sioux. Pretty sure their jersey will say Sundogs, Roughriders, or Fighting Hawks.

Let's keep the nickname debates out of the football forum, please.

• Upvote 4

Actually, the football jerseys have only said "North Dakota" for a long time. Don't think that is going to change. ?

p.s. Took almost 4 years to get to my 1000th post.

• Upvote 1