SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

UND has offered JUCO CB Tyquwan Glass. Has offers from Montana State, Portland State and Alabama State. I believe he will have three years as I think he was a redshirt freshman this past year.

Was also just recently offered by South Alabama. 

Pretty clear the staff is trying to bring in at least one more cornerback before the season to help shore up the secondary.

Yes, they appear to really want another CB. Let's hope they find a quality player/student before August.

Also, would be nice to find another RB; however, it appears the coaches are content with the group of Arrington, Olivera, and Santiago. I would expect them to also move Iwarri Smith from safety to RB and Kyle Norberg from LB to RB. I guess, with those players, the RB group is not too bad. Will need to add a couple good freshman RBs in the 2016 recruiting class, though.

• Upvote 1

A couple potential FBS transfers should be visiting soon. One CB and the other who started as a RB but moved to CB last year. We shall see what happens.

Edit: and by started at RB I mean his career began as a RB and was moved moved to CB. Just to be clear.

• Upvote 2

A couple potential FBS transfers should be visiting soon. One CB and the other who started as a RB but moved to CB last year. We shall see what happens.

Edit: and by started at RB I mean his career began as a RB and was moved moved to CB. Just to be clear.

I'm sticking with this. ;) 

I'm still holding out hope that one of Ohio State's three QBs will transfer here.

I fear we have about the same chance of our hopes coming true. 

Per SFI: It appears Winnipeg recruit Zack Williams will not be joining the team this fall.

Maybe we need a new policy on Canadian kids. 2 out of 5-6 have bailed for one reason or another. Both Williams and Hanson could have been 3-4 year starters in my opinion.

Maybe we need a new policy on Canadian kids. 2 out of 5-6 have bailed for one reason or another. Both Williams and Hanson could have been 3-4 year starters in my opinion.

1 bailed.  The other didn't qualify once grades were submitted.  Not much UND could have done about it.

The ones who have stayed (Olivera and Bennett) will likely be 3-4 year starters as well. I think that's a decent success rate (2/4 or 50%) considering the talent there. Keep going after Canadian footnall stars, because they know the weather and are familiar with the area. I think the Canada recruiting hotbed is a good idea for UND football.

• Upvote 2

The ones who have stayed (Olivera and Bennett) will likely be 3-4 year starters as well. I think that's a decent success rate (2/4 or 50%) considering the talent there. Keep going after Canadian footnall stars, because they know the weather and are familiar with the area. I think the Canada recruiting hotbed is a good idea for UND football.

If we lost 50% of our entire recruiting class that would be catastrophic. So I don't think 50% is a decent success rate.

I think it's a hotbed too, and I'm sure the coaches are aware of, and more so now of 1) other football options the Canadian kids have 2) eligibility requirements going forward Canada to US

If we lost 50% of our entire recruiting class that would be catastrophic. So I don't think 50% is a decent success rate.

I think it's a hotbed too, and I'm sure the coaches are aware of, and more so now of 1) other football options the Canadian kids have 2) eligibility requirements going forward Canada to US

The thing is that 100% of recruiting classes never work out. There's too many variables like academics, commitment issues, and even inadequate playing ability. I guess it's better to be closer to 100% than 50%, but those Canadian kids offer major talent at a nearby location. That's critical to program building in college football (pipelines).

Hopefully if the staff goes back up into Canada for 2016 recruiting, the results are a bit better.

• Upvote 1

UND has offered JUCO CB Tyquwan Glass. Has offers from Montana State, Portland State and Alabama State. I believe he will have three years as I think he was a redshirt freshman this past year.

Nothing on Glass yet? Getting a little nervous that we might not pick up anyone else before camp starts.

Nothing on Glass yet? Getting a little nervous that we might not pick up anyone else before camp starts.

Nothing I've heard, but the offer was recent and I'm assuming he may not have visited or anything.  However, there are two FBS CBs on the radar.

Wow, Jahmere Irvin-Sills has quite the life story. I certainly wish him well and hope that his life is enriched at UND. Bleacher Report created a 20 minute video about the high school that he attended where all 52 of the students enrolled play on the team; about 5 minutes of the video is devoted to Jahmere and the trials that he has faced. Sports Illustrated also did a story on the school in 2012 when it first opened.

Link to video (can be found on YouTube - Inside the Football Factory That's Saving Kids From the Streets (B/R Studios)):

Link to SI story: http://www.si.com/more-sports/2012/08/23/high-school-football-virtual-powerhouse

Wow, Jahmere Irvin-Sills has quite the life story. I certainly wish him well and hope that his life is enriched at UND. Bleacher Report created a 20 minute video about the high school that he attended where all 52 of the students enrolled play on the team; about 5 minutes of the video is devoted to Jahmere and the trials that he has faced. Sports Illustrated also did a story on the school in 2012 when it first opened.

Link to video (can be found on YouTube - Inside the Football Factory That's Saving Kids From the Streets (B/R Studios)):

Link to SI story: http://www.si.com/more-sports/2012/08/23/high-school-football-virtual-powerhouse

Great story.  Thank you for sharing.  Welcome to Jahmere.  This kid has been through a lot.  He is a very well spoken individual.

Wow, Jahmere Irvin-Sills has quite the life story. I certainly wish him well and hope that his life is enriched at UND. Bleacher Report created a 20 minute video about the high school that he attended where all 52 of the students enrolled play on the team; about 5 minutes of the video is devoted to Jahmere and the trials that he has faced. Sports Illustrated also did a story on the school in 2012 when it first opened.

Link to SI story: http://www.si.com/more-sports/2012/08/23/high-school-football-virtual-powerhouse

Tremendous story. Jahmere Irvin-Sill's piece starts at 6:15 in the video.

He's been through a lot, but he appears to have great character and determination. I have the utmost confidence that the University of North Dakota and the people of North Dakota will be a great fit for Jahmere.

And, lastly, he appears to be a good football player. Should help out UND football right away. Bubba has this thing building up.

Tremendous story. Jahmere Irvin-Sill's piece starts at 6:15 in the video.

He's been through a lot, but he appears to have great character and determination. I have the upmost confidence that the University of North Dakota and the people of North Dakota will be a great fit for Jahmere.

And, lastly, he appears to be a good football player. Should help out UND football right away. Bubba has this thing building up.

I agree  I believe UND will be a good fit for Jahmere and Jahmere will be a good fit UND.  Welcome aboard to UND Jahmere.