SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

The Big 10 back that UND missed on would have been perfect. Now, I just hope UND can grab both Parks and another transfer RB, as UND needs more than just Parks if they want their backfield to be an above average FCS one.

Who did they miss on?

They moved him to CB?  Well that's another position of need if he doesn't work out as a RB.  Regardless, we need some warm bodies at the RB position this season.

He never played so it would be tough to know unless you saw practices what position he was practicing at but I believe he was still at RB. Kill usually talks about any position changes even if they are just practice guys and I can't recall him ever mentioning Parks moving to CB. He was also still listed as an RB on his profile on gophersports fwiw. 

The Big 10 back that UND missed on would have been perfect. Now, I just hope UND can grab both Parks and another transfer RB, as UND needs more than just Parks if they want their backfield to be an above average FCS one.

Who did they miss on? Which school was he from, and where did he end up going?

Who did they miss on? Which school was he from, and where did he end up going?

I know they were in contact with Jacquille Veii of Maryland.  He ended up going somewhere out east I believe.  Other than that there are multiple other running backs that have chosen to leave their school lately or were dismissed (Kansas, UCF, GT).  

I know they were in contact with Jacquille Veii of Maryland.  He ended up going somewhere out east I believe.  Other than that there are multiple other running backs that have chosen to leave their school lately or were dismissed (Kansas, UCF, GT).  

Good to know, would be great to get some good depth at that position. This offense will not be dominant, but if we could get some depth and be competent to compliment our defense, we could still have a solid season. Really hoping to see this team take another big step forward.

Yeah, I really thought Veii would have been a good fit and was hoping he would visit.  Had heard at one point we had a good shot due to his relationship with Maurice, but you never know with these things.......

Yeah, I really thought Veii would have been a good fit and was hoping he would visit.  Had heard at one point we had a good shot due to his relationship with Maurice, but you never know with these things.......

Any other potentials that we might be looking at?

Any word on which freshmen will be in GF all summer? I saw that Mason Bennett will head to UND right after graduation, which is awesome. Hoping most freshman will do the same, particularly our running back recruits. The more experience and work they get in right away, the better off they will be this fall.

Any word on which freshmen will be in GF all summer? I saw that Mason Bennett will head to UND right after graduation, which is awesome. Hoping most freshman will do the same, particularly our running back recruits. The more experience and work they get in right away, the better off they will be this fall.

RB recruit and Winnipeg native Brady Olivera will be coming with Mason Bennett to GF starting in July.

http://mytoba.ca/sports/vincent-massey-star-heading-straight-to-und-after-grad/

I believe that Justus Merz and Steve Greer will be up here early and rooming together.  Haven't heard much else yet but I think that a lot of them will be.

I believe that Justus Merz and Steve Greer will be up here early and rooming together.  Haven't heard much else yet but I think that a lot of them will be.

Not sure if this was usual for Freshmen in the past, but if not, it is certainly setting a good standard going forward.

Iwarri Smith is set to arrive June 25.

Not sure if this was usual for Freshmen in the past, but if not, it is certainly setting a good standard going forward.

I don't think it was very normal at UND, but starting last summer it seemed to pick up quite a bit.  I remember a couple years ago with Reyes and Kuksa - who were both up in GF early because there was a high probability they could play early - but weren't too many others.  Last year it seemed like a lot more were there early.  I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the Freshmen and transfers are up there early - this year and going forward.

I don't think it was very normal at UND, but starting last summer it seemed to pick up quite a bit.  I remember a couple years ago with Reyes and Kuksa - who were both up in GF early because there was a high probability they could play early - but weren't too many others.  Last year it seemed like a lot more were there early.  I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the Freshmen and transfers are up there early - this year and going forward.

Good news, that is the way it should be if this program wants to be competitve. Sets the right tone.

I ran into Carl Engwall at a grad party. He said he's headed up to GF on 7/5 and is rooming with Jade Lawrence for the month before camp starts in August.

• Upvote 2

I ran into Carl Engwall at a grad party. He said he's headed up to GF on 7/5 and is rooming with Jade Lawrence for the month before camp starts in August.

Am I correct that any player (vet or frosh) does not get any financial assistance from UND during the summer unless they are enrolled in summer school?  If that is correct, then it is an extra commitment (time AND money) by these FB players to come spend much of the summer in GF.

I would say that is correct. Son flew home last day of finals.

Reported back on 6/1/15 for what he calls voluntary/mandatory.

Not a good move to skip ANY training time.

Hard work pays off....

• Upvote 1

Sounds like Parks may be staying at UofM.  So, back to square one with a really thin RB core.

Some guys want to play football and would give anything for an opportunity to play on game day, while others are satisfied to walk around campus with their jersey on and sleeves rolled-up.