SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

What is the word on this Roland kid? Why are we just picking up a new senior commit now? Did he have other offers or was there eligibility/grades questions?

Still a little unnerving regarding how quiet it is on the RB front. Really would be nice to add a depth guy there, hopefully at corner too.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2989184/highlights/172323378/v2 

I assume this one?

UND has also added a recruit to its 2015 signing class in high school senior Autonio Roland. Roland, a defensive end, is a preferred walk-on out of Grand Blanc, Mich.

Here's his tape.  I like him seems to work hard big dude with some room to grow hopefully.  Probably won't contribute this year but he's usually going up against bigger guys and doesn't seem to quit working.

Thanks! I had sent you a PM about it a few weeks ago but hadn't heard anything. Really appeciate the work you do keeping us updated.

Sorry, I missed your PM - feel free to continue sending them.  I will be on the lookout for them!!

University of New Mexico linebacker Daquan Baker will be visiting UND on Thursday; very likely he will commit to the program sometime Saturday or Sunday. He will be a good, young addition at MLB.

http://www.golobos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26000&ATCLID=209606616

Highlights from UNM spring practices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mmgMsr0xWM

He looks pretty explosive. That first clip of the highlight is pretty hilarious, he manhandles the poor guy.

I hadn't removed Poole but he sure had disappeared. As far as I know, he is still coming in this fall. I have added him back to the list.

You'da man!!!! Thanks! I really like his quickness. Once he puts on some meat, look out. He had a tweet a couple weeks about the new UND helmets,so I would think he's still on board.

You'da man!!!! Thanks! I really like his quickness. Once he puts on some meat, look out. He had a tweet a couple weeks about the new UND helmets,so I would think he's still board.

Agree - adding some pounds to 4.4 speed, he could be a real contributor (maybe at safety).

Sounds like Baker is close to a done deal.  Reason I heard he is leaving NM is that he made the two deep and wasn't awarded a scholly.  Should have 4 years to play for us assuming he does in fact join the squad.

As for the RB position - the ones I was hoping for are not in the cards but sounds like we will likely be getting one. 

Sounds like Baker is close to a done deal. Reason I heard he is leaving NM is that he made the two deep and wasn't awarded a scholly. Should have 4 years to play for us assuming he does in fact join the squad.

As for the RB position - the ones I was hoping for are not in the cards but sounds like we will likely be getting one.

It has been an unfortunate fallout with the runningback situation. I think they need at least 1 RB transfer, but preferably 2. If you want to run the ball, you need talented ballcarriers. Right now, the backfield might be the weakest position group on the team, and that points to another bad offense in 2015....

Need more talent.

• Upvote 1

It has been an unfortunate fallout with the runningback situation. I think they need at least 1 RB transfer, but preferably 2. If you want to run the ball, you need talented ballcarriers. Right now, the backfield might be the weakest position group on the team, and that points to another bad offense in 2015....

Need more talent.

I am not as concerned about the talent as I am the depth. If we have an injury to Arrington we are up a big big creek with no paddle.

I am not as concerned about the talent as I am the depth. If we have an injury to Arrington we are up a big big creek with no paddle.

Yup, I agree. It's Arrington and a bunch of freshmen. If the team doesn't add an FBS transfer, Norberg will certainly be at RB and not LB in the fall.

Yup, I agree. It's Arrington and a bunch of freshmen. If the team doesn't add an FBS transfer, Norberg will certainly be at RB and not LB in the fall.

I posted this on another thread, but I hope Oliviera is working his tail off this summer, cuz he will need to play a big role this year. Probably will need to look at getting creative with Smith or Austin Gordon as well.

Sounds like Baker is close to a done deal.  Reason I heard he is leaving NM is that he made the two deep and wasn't awarded a scholly.  Should have 4 years to play for us assuming he does in fact join the squad.

Coaches are excited about Baker (Park River golf event)  Maurice has connections -  

Correct, things cooled on a RB from a power 5 conference.  The Minnesota kid is still being evaluated, though.

Coaches are working hard.

Coaches are excited about Baker (Park River golf event) Maurice has connections -

Correct, things cooled on a RB from a power 5 conference. The Minnesota kid is still being evaluated, though.

Coaches are working hard.

I am impressed with the connections some of these assistants are having. Sounding like they are talking to quality athletes.