SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

From SFI: @SiouxFootball: Appears that DE Carter Wilson of the Ottawa Sooners (Canada) has committed to #UND on his weekend visit.

A great find and get. I am declaring the D-line as solidified.

What does the staff have up it's sleeve for a corner and RB? RB a little more critical than corner.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like Baker is close to a done deal.  Reason I heard he is leaving NM is that he made the two deep and wasn't awarded a scholly.  Should have 4 years to play for us assuming he does in fact join the squad.

As for the RB position - the ones I was hoping for are not in the cards but sounds like we will likely be getting one. 

Any word on Baker's visit?  Pretty quiet considering that it sounded like it was a done deal.

Does anyone remember Anthony Anderson, RB, from Eden Prairie two years ago? I know he went to Iowa Western, but haven't heard anything on the kid since. Big kid, and was really dominant in HS, just wondering if he would even be on UND's radar, since we need depth.

A great find and get. I am declaring the D-line as solidified.

What does the staff have up it's sleeve for a corner and RB? RB a little more critical than corner.

Absolutely, RB and corner are the two pressing needs remaining before the 2015 roster is ready for solid FCS competition. The staff appears to believe the same thing because they have been working hard on the recruiting trail looking for transfers at those two spots. 

I really hope they can snag one of each (CB and RB) before fall camp. 

University of New Mexico linebacker Daquan Baker will be visiting UND on Thursday; very likely he will commit to the program sometime Saturday or Sunday. He will be a good, young addition at MLB.

http://www.golobos.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26000&ATCLID=209606616

Highlights from UNM spring practices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mmgMsr0xWM

According to SFI, Baker has now committed to UND. Has the potential to be a real good LB over the next 4 years.

• Upvote 3

Saw Josh Parks w/ coach Kostich today in GF.

Parks is not the answer, IMO.  I hope I am wrong and he shows something he didn't in high school.  The Gophers moved him to cornerback for a reason.

We will see I guess.  

Can we assume he will see a fair amount of time right away?

Well, rumor is he cracked the 2-deep at New Mexico after spring ball, and given how Coach Bubba and Coach Schmidt like to rotate players, I think its fair to think that Baker will see time at ILB this season. He will spell ILBs Ratelle and Rich.

Parks is not the answer, IMO.  I hope I am wrong and he shows something he didn't in high school.  The Gophers moved him to cornerback for a reason.

We will see I guess.  

They moved him to CB?  Well that's another position of need if he doesn't work out as a RB.  Regardless, we need some warm bodies at the RB position this season.

They moved him to CB?  Well that's another position of need if he doesn't work out as a RB.  Regardless, we need some warm bodies at the RB position this season.

We don't need any more warm bodies.  We had warm bodies.  We need real FCS talent.  

We don't need any more warm bodies.  We had warm bodies.  We need real FCS talent.  

We had one graduate, one suffered a career-ending injury, and one who is a plodding LB.  Now we have one FBS transfer and a few freshmen (two of whom the coaches see playing other positions).  We're apparently struggling to attract another high-quality transfer, thus..... we need a warm body at least to alleviate depth concerns.  If the depth player also has potential at CB, all the better, IMO.  

We will see I guess.  

Parks is a year removed from high school, and was under a pretty good program for a year, I'm not going to rush to judgment.  According to U of M he ran a mid 4.4 handheld.  It's not inconceivable he could shave another tenth the rest of his career.  Concerning agility, a north/south runner could be a nice change.  I'll take a north/south guy over a dancer in the hole. (Simmons)

Parks is a year removed from high school, and was under a pretty good program for a year, I'm not going to rush to judgment. According to U of M he ran a mid 4.4 handheld. It's not inconceivable he could shave another tenth the rest of his career. Concerning agility, a north/south runner could be a nice change. I'll take a north/south guy over a dancer in the hole. (Simmons)

The Big 10 back that UND missed on would have been perfect. Now, I just hope UND can grab both Parks and another transfer RB, as UND needs more than just Parks if they want their backfield to be an above average FCS one.

The Big 10 back that UND missed on would have been perfect. Now, I just hope UND can grab both Parks and another transfer RB, as UND needs more than just Parks if they want their backfield to be an above average FCS one.

We need game experience, in my opinion.  Norberg and Arrington are the only two with game experience.  Not sure if the staff is planning on more than just Parks or not.  One more FBS option I've got my eye on currently and then there is still one JUCO that I'm not sure is a possibility or not.  But if the staff is done after the potential addition of Parks, then it is what it is.