SiouxSports.com Forum

Seth Jones Watch

siouxnami

Will he or won't he. Come on Seth this is an easy decision, let's review...

Will he be the next great to gome to UND adding to names like Belfour, Patrick, Parise, Zajac, Stafford, Toews, Oshie? He visited with one of the smallest crowds of the season, but Everett averaged 5600 fans last year (seats 8500). If he like that he should see a key series with the Gophers or Denver.

or

Will he throw his life away and go to Everett ;-) (OK maybe a bit of an exaggeration)?

I noticed that Everett is close to the bottom of their league this year.

I noticed that Everett has never won a championship.

I noticed that Everett has mediocre talent outside of the potential Jones relative to UND.

I noticed that Everett has facilities that can't come close to those of UND.

I noticed that Everett's top player is college flop Josh Birkholz.

I'm just sayin'...

Post all the latest here gossip and unsubstanciated rumors here.

I predict a decision in March.

• Upvote 2

Everett's best player is defenseman Ryan Murray, a big-time prospect who is probably the top blue liner in this year's draft class. Top 3 NHL draft pick.

That being said, if your plan is to go one & done, wouldn't UND be the choice? I would argue playing against more physically mature players in the NCAA instead of 20 and under players in the CHL would prepare him for the men he'll be facing in the NHL night in and night out come October of 2013. Heck, maybe he'd like it at UND so much that he'd pull a Toews and stay two years instead of just one...

My guess, by the way, is that he opts for North Dakota.

Jones had a nice night tonight back in Ann Arbor: 1G, 1A, +3 in a 4-3 win over Youngstown.

It would be great to land Seth but I really think he is going to go Everett. Of course no one but Seth and his family know what he is going to do so I am just speculating. If he does come and if we don't lose any players to early departure we would have to be in the top 3 in the country next season and a really good shot for #8 9.

It would be great to land Seth but I really think he is going to go Everett. Of course no one but Seth and his family know what he is going to do so I am just speculating. If he does come and if we don't lose any players to early departure we would have to be in the top 3 in the country next season and a really good shot for #8.

#9...I'm an optimist!

• Upvote 2

An elite recruit on defense would likely get a lot of quality playing time next year, considering that we have some large holes to fill on D.

Wink wink nudge nudge knowwhatImean knowwhatImean.

I really don't expect any early departures from the d-corp this offseason so I don't see where these "large holes" are. We only lose Blood, which is a big loss, but we already have Gleason playing forward, who is a very good defenseman. Then we have Jordan Schmaltz coming in, who is arguably the best d-man recruit in the country for next year. So if Jones does come in, we will have a serious log jam at defense next year, Schmaltz and Jones are too good to sit so that means Gleason will probably play forward again and Panzarella won't see the ice, and he has played in almost every game this year.

I really don't expect any early departures from the d-corp this offseason so I don't see where these "large holes" are. We only lose Blood, which is a big loss, but we already have Gleason playing forward, who is a very good defenseman. Then we have Jordan Schmaltz coming in, who is arguably the best d-man recruit in the country for next year. So if Jones does come in, we will have a serious log jam at defense next year, Schmaltz and Jones are too good to sit so that means Gleason will probably play forward again and Panzarella won't see the ice, and he has played in almost every game this year.

that was the wink wink nudge nudge part.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if either MacWilliam or Forbort or both turned pro.

There's always, as we know too well, the injury factor.

If Jones comes, I think Gleason stays at forward and Panzarella is the odd man out unless injury. That lineup would be pretty sick next season, but lets finish this one out strong. I still think this year is Hak and company's best. GO SIOUX!!

This year could be the cinderella year. They also have NO PRESSURE going into the Final Five and NC. Next year, the roster and lineup will be the best we have had in the last 10 years. Yes, I'm serious, I don't care how deep last years team was.

You have to realize who's coming in next year and who's really only leaving. I don't want to speculate on who's leaving. But with the addition of the Huntsville goalie coming in next year and just with Schmaltz and then with Rocco being healthy alone put's this team on the map to be ranked in the top 3 to preseason. You also through in Chyzyk an Koules and then you see the offensive lineup and it blows you away. You really wonder where St. Clair, Jimbo, Dickin' fit in - extra forwards and bodies none the less.

Let's not forget the kid, Brendan O' Donnell and Derek Rodwel, those two have some things to prove next year. One needs to remember, outside of Rocco, O'Donnell was our best incoming freshman forward this year, not taking anything away from the year that McMillian and Parks are having.

This year could be the cinderella year. They also have NO PRESSURE going into the Final Five and NC. Next year, the roster and lineup will be the best we have had in the last 10 years. Yes, I'm serious, I don't care how deep last years team was.

You have to realize who's coming in next year and who's really only leaving. I don't want to speculate on who's leaving. But with the addition of the Huntsville goalie coming in next year and just with Schmaltz and then with Rocco being healthy alone put's this team on the map to be ranked in the top 3 to preseason. You also through in Chyzyk an Koules and then you see the offensive lineup and it blows you away. You really wonder where St. Clair, Jimbo, Dickin' fit in - extra forwards and bodies none the less.

Let's not forget the kid, Brendan O' Donnell and Derek Rodwel, those two have some things to prove next year. One needs to remember, outside of Rocco, O'Donnell was our best incoming freshman forward this year, not taking anything away from the year that McMillian and Parks are having.

Yes, but you need the Kristo line intact to be considered with last year's team. Remember, a lot of that talent is young and unproven talent at this level compared to Frattin and Malone etc. that were men among boys at some points. Also remember that Nelson, Knight, Rowney, and to some extent Kristo were all secondary scorers on that team which is unbelievable. You can say that Nelson and Rowney have made humongous strides since then, but that is my point exactly that you aren't as polished and physically dominant when you are that age. I think it is possible to run the risk next year to depend on the fact that the talent and depth is there and not be as focused as they have been down the stretch this year. Sometimes when there isn't adversity, the work ethic might not be as strong. But that is next year, let's focus on what this team can accomplish down the stretch.

If Jones comes, I think Gleason stays at forward and Panzarella is the odd man out unless injury. That lineup would be pretty sick next season, but lets finish this one out strong. I still think this year is Hak and company's best. GO SIOUX!!

I agree. This is the coaching staffs best job since Hak took over 8 years ago.
  • Upvote 1

Yes, but you need the Kristo line intact to be considered with last year's team. Remember, a lot of that talent is young and unproven talent at this level compared to Frattin and Malone etc. that were men among boys at some points. Also remember that Nelson, Knight, Rowney, and to some extent Kristo were all secondary scorers on that team which is unbelievable. You can say that Nelson and Rowney have made humongous strides since then, but that is my point exactly that you aren't as polished and physically dominant when you are that age. I think it is possible to run the risk next year to depend on the fact that the talent and depth is there and not be as focused as they have been down the stretch this year. Sometimes when there isn't adversity, the work ethic might not be as strong. But that is next year, let's focus on what this team can accomplish down the stretch.

Rocco with his beliefs and McWilliam as Captain next year won't let work ethic and a little adversity get in the way next season. You could also add in the character of General Patton too.

The Knight, Nelson, Kristo will need to be intact next year, however if Kristo decides to leave for AHL bus rides, Roccos is more than willing and is one of the most dynamic players I've seen at UND in the last ten years, and I only watched ONE (1) live game of him, the game against the Gophers in Gopherland. He was playing at 65% and was skating circles around a pretty solid Gopher defensive corps. Rocco, is that good and that skilled. His speed sets him apart and his ceiling on his skill level is off the charts.

I got goose bumps watching Rocco in that game, the same way I did watching T.J. Oshie dominate his Freshman year because every college team didn't have Oshie on their radar that year when they played the Sioux because that Sioux team was so deep with guys of Toews, Duncan, Stafford, Spirko and T. Zajac.

Rocco with his beliefs and McWilliam as Captain next year won't let work ethic and a little adversity get in the way next season. You could also add in the character of General Patton too.

The Knight, Nelson, Kristo will need to be intact next year, however if Kristo decides to leave for AHL bus rides, Roccos is more than willing and is one of the most dynamic players I've seen at UND in the last ten years, and I only watched ONE (1) live game of him, the game against the Gophers in Gopherland. He was playing at 65% and was skating circles around a pretty solid Gopher defensive corps. Rocco, is that good and that skilled. His speed sets him apart and his ceiling on his skill level is off the charts.

I got goose bumps watching Rocco in that game, the same way I did watching T.J. Oshie dominate his Freshman year because every college team didn't have Oshie on their radar that year when they played the Sioux because that Sioux team was so deep with guys of Toews, Duncan, Stafford, Spirko and T. Zajac.

Agree agree agree agree agree agree......