SiouxSports.com Forum

Seth Jones Watch

siouxnami

GOOD FOR MARIO!

Good for the Sioux and their coaches! One of the greatest comebacks in Sioux hockey history, especially under the circumstances (depleted line up, injuries, etc.).

I wonder if Sid Hartman personally knows any of the "genius" posters criticizing Mario? For goodness sakes, the guy's role is not as a top scorer, but anybody who has followed hockey for any length of time knows that in the playoffs, he is the kind of guy that will often score the big goal for you. And he did! Twice!!

Now let's have another great effort and take the Pioneers out tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Mario sucks. He works hard and wins some faceoffs and scores once every two months. I like that he works hard and has a nice last name but thats about all he has going for him. What I don't understand is his utter lack of any offensive skills for a Sioux forward after being in the program for four years, you'd think he'd be at least decent by now with all the training they do. Saying he's a good forward is on par with some of the crap we hear from NDSU fans, he's a good leader and a hard worker but this pig does not need any more lipstick.

Do you wanna backpedal on this a little bit NOW???

Mario sucks. He works hard and wins some faceoffs and scores once every two months. I like that he works hard and has a nice last name but thats about all he has going for him. What I don't understand is his utter lack of any offensive skills for a Sioux forward after being in the program for four years, you'd think he'd be at least decent by now with all the training they do. Saying he's a good forward is on par with some of the crap we hear from NDSU fans, he's a good leader and a hard worker but this pig does not need any more lipstick.

Way to show this poster he is clueless Mario. Hell of an effort on that game winning goal fighting through 3 goofers to get in position to get the puck on his stick. His work ethic and leadership is what Fighting Sioux hockey is all about.

Way to show this poster he is clueless Mario. Hell of an effort on that game winning goal fighting through 3 goofers to get in position to get the puck on his stick. His work ethic and leadership is what Fighting Sioux hockey is all about.

I stand by what I said. It had been a while since he scored and once again it was all heart no skill from him. Don't forget that it was Pattyn being a monster on the boards that set that up.

I'm not talking about pattyn. You said Mario sucks... now go enjoy your crow

He does suck. 3 goals on the year. His value is in the locker room not on the ice. He's a good penalty killer and grinds well and is a hard forechecking forward and......... is devoid of most offensive skills. No one is more happy for him than me but don't tell me he's a great player cause he just isn't. He'll make a great coach someday and has provided invaluable leadership to the youngsters on the team but once again don't try and say he's a great player

He does suck. 3 goals on the year. His value is in the locker room not on the ice. He's a good penalty killer and grinds well and is a hard forechecking forward and......... is devoid of most offensive skills. No one is more happy for him than me but don't tell me he's a great player cause he just isn't. He'll make a great coach someday and has provided invaluable leadership to the youngsters on the team but once again don't try and say he's a great player

Saying he sucks is classless. He busts his butt every shift on the ice and is one of ours. The Fighting Sioux Nation does not need "fans" like you.

• Upvote 3

To be fair to both sides, hindsight is always 20/20. Mario did have only one goal going into the game last night and a mountain of bad penalties, which is disappointing. But, like Geaux said, his skill isn't in the offensive zone...it's in the neutral zone, the d-zone, the locker room, and the practice rink.

Mario came up huge last night, like a good captain should, but his offensive presence has been lackluster.

• Upvote 1

This whole Mario thing started when the poster said he sucks. No he isn't great and no he isn't a big time scorer and no he isn't the most gifted player but what he lacks in those departments he makes up with hard work and grit. No he does not suck.

Mario all tourney team. Karma at it's best.

You just keep digging your hole deeper, saying he sucks is just clueless. That value in the locker room carries onto the ice. Go ask Hakstol or any of Mario's teammates for their assessment of Mario. I bet you they'd laugh in your face if you told them he sucked. No one ever said he was great... did they?

• Upvote 1

Those are some of the most valuable skills that don't always get appreciated. Lammy is highly respected by his teammates...