SiouxSports.com Forum

Seth Jones Watch

siouxnami

I would Pattyn is better than Mario right now.

Mario is so unbelievably snake bit right now. When he missed that empty net goalie this past weekend by shooting it wide...that pretty much solidified it.

Hopefully he scores a few timely goals in the playoffs to make up for it. :)

Pattyn is NOT better than Mario right now. Mario is playing center (a more responsible position), doing a dependable job with faceoffs and has been put on the PK for a reason.

I like Pattyn's work ethic and I won't denigrate the important contribution he's made to this year's team, but let's not get carried away.

Pattyn is NOT better than Mario right now. Mario is playing center (a more responsible position), doing a dependable job with faceoffs and has been put on the PK for a reason.

I like Pattyn's work ethic and I won't denigrate the important contribution he's made to this year's team, but let's not get carried away.

I agree, Mario is more responsible defensively, but I think Pattyn is better in the offensive zone already. He makes better decisions, is better in the corners and is a pretty good passer as well, along with being a faster skater. Leaving all of the intangibles and leadership out of it, in terms of pure hockey playing ability, I would take Pattyn over Mario in a heartbeat right now.

Well does anyone want to guess when Seth is going to make his decision? And what he will decide to do?

I say he will make his decision by the end of this week and will probably decide to go Everett. I can't even imagine the possiblities next year if he does decide to come to UND. It just seems to good to be true. I guess we will see.

The guy from the "walk-on" group I've been especially surprised by is Gaarder.

And as good as Jones is, I think we have to be a little cautious what miracles we can expect if he comes next year. If he doesn't, it will still be a very dynamic bunch, though.

• Upvote 1

The guy from the "walk-on" group I've been especially surprised by is Gaarder.

And as good as Jones is, I think we have to be a little cautious what miracles we can expect if he comes next year. If he doesn't, it will still be a very dynamic bunch, though.

I agree. Perfect example is Rocco. Not that he did anything wrong but excitement was so high for him and he only played a couple games.

Sometimes things don't turn out as you expect. The Sioux/UND will be fine either way if Jones doesn't come.

I agree, Mario is more responsible defensively, but I think Pattyn is better in the offensive zone already. He makes better decisions, is better in the corners and is a pretty good passer as well, along with being a faster skater. Leaving all of the intangibles and leadership out of it, in terms of pure hockey playing ability, I would take Pattyn over Mario in a heartbeat right now.

That be leaving quite a bit out of it considering that's Mario Lamoreaux in a nutshell. It'd be like saying, leaving out all of the physical skills I'd take Joe Finley over Jonathon Toews because he's taller.

Why? I'm leaving out the most important attribute in a player and comparing apples to oranges...

I never said anything about "physical skills", I said "hockey playing ability", which is a whole lot different. Look at a guy like Jaden Schwartz, he is small, not very fast, has very few "physical skills" but he is extremely good at hockey. How is it comparing apples to oranges in any way? Pattyn is essentially the same type of player Mario is. A hard-working, gritty leader. It has been said multiple times on this board and by others that Pattyn will wear a letter later on in his career.

Pattyn is a better player than Mario is right now without question. I love how he plays. Tough, physical, in your face. Personally, I think Mario is one of the worst players on the team skill wise. As far as Jones goes, if he comes here you deal with a log jam in the dcorps. Its one of those good problems to have. We had the same problem last year and it worked out pretty well for us. Many teams would love to have 2 dmen that are considered studs. We could have 4 or 5 with Jones.

• Upvote 1

Pattyn is a better player than Mario is right now without question. I love how he plays. Tough, physical, in your face. Personally, I think Mario is one of the worst players on the team skill wise. As far as Jones goes, if he comes here you deal with a log jam in the dcorps. Its one of those good problems to have. We had the same problem last year and it worked out pretty well for us. Many teams would love to have 2 dmen that are considered studs. We could have 4 or 5 with Jones.

Let's not forget what Mario brings to the table on the penalty kill. Also, his faceoff percentage is not far behind Corban. Might not be a pure scorer like others, but I love the way he plays the game. He knows what his role is and he fills it very well.

Mario sucks. He works hard and wins some faceoffs and scores once every two months. I like that he works hard and has a nice last name but thats about all he has going for him. What I don't understand is his utter lack of any offensive skills for a Sioux forward after being in the program for four years, you'd think he'd be at least decent by now with all the training they do. Saying he's a good forward is on par with some of the crap we hear from NDSU fans, he's a good leader and a hard worker but this pig does not need any more lipstick.

An alien? If he's an alien he's about to do an "abduction" on this guy.

012211undhockey1jks.jpg

To me he looks more like an amateur, free-lance plastic surgeon about to perform a "procedure" on a "patient" name Turgeon. ;):D

If I recall correctly, Mario got his a$$ handed to him in that scrum. Mario, seems like a genuinely nice guy, hard worker, and a good leader, but let's be honest, he's one of the weakest links on the team. If his last name wasn't Lamarioux he might not have lasted this long on the team let alone be made captain.