SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

I'm just basing it on what I have seen from both QB's live and on TV. I'm not going to trash anybody, and I think we just disagree on this. It's just my arm-chair opinion.

Marcus is the better athlete and has the better arm, no doubt. I'm just wondering why Marcus couldn't pass up Joey on the depth chart in the past 1.5 years if he was the better QB who had been in the system longer? Have the coaches been missing the boat?

One thing I will say is that I respect Hendrickson a ton. He has been moved around a couple of times from different positions and has done whatever has been asked of him. Team player for sure. Plus he's a northern Minnesota kid that I like.

We also need him to step up now more than ever and I hope he succeeds in whatever capacity is asked of him. We might end up needing him if Hanson gets hurt.

Again, I'm not saying Bradley was the savior or anything, but he was certainly an extra lifeline for the offense this year in case of injuries.

His problem was maturity. He also was too excitable like most young qbs. But up until last spring I've heard his maturity level was not on par.

I don't know how he could think it would be "his time" when he was benched the year before and pretty much showed nothing during his time on the field. The writing was on the wall when he was benched mid-season.

Agreed - Although I never like to see players leave, if he couldn't beat out Goska, it makes you wonder.

The quarterback recruiting in the five or six years after Landry signed has seemingly been cursed. I think this last recruiting class will pan out, but with Demler, Comes, Bradley and at least one year with no qb signees at all, it just hasn't worked out. If it weren't for Goska's late season emergence as a fifth-year senior, it would be even more glaring.

A very good point made about having to pull a redshirt. Today's announcement makes the former tar heal the starter. The coaches have a big decision to make, because I'm betting Joe is the second best QB on the team....is he #2 on the depth chart, or do they want to protect that year and make him off limits to this season.

A very good point made about having to pull a redshirt. Today's announcement makes the former tar heal the starter. The coaches have a big decision to make, because I'm betting Joe is the second best QB on the team....is he #2 on the depth chart, or do they want to protect that year and make him off limits to this season.

I will withhold all opinion of the new qbs until I see them in person. That said it will be quite the situation to keep an eye on. Maybe the first time that the battle for third string qb will ever be exciting

Best wishes to Joey - if being the giarranteed starter was that important to him best he move on, too bad he had to wait until the last minute - seems like a decision made without much thought for the long-term - now he's looking for a team and any team that brings on a quarterback this late is in for some player controversy. For 99 percent of players at this level it's about getting an education and parparing for the next level in life - not sure that was the priority here - just my opinion - no ill will to him - best wishes

Best wishes to Joey - if being the giarranteed starter was that important to him best he move on, too bad he had to wait until the last minute - seems like a decision made without much thought for the long-term - now he's looking for a team and any team that brings on a quarterback this late is in for some player controversy. For 99 percent of players at this level it's about getting an education and parparing for the next level in life - not sure that was the priority here - just my opinion - no ill will to him - best wishes

Maybe he thought he had a shot at a Montana Griz tansfer. :) No dice.

Anyone going to be out at Memorial this morning at 9:15 a.m. ish to watch the first practice? I think I am going take long morning break and check out some drills. #hardup-for-somefootball

What is their practice schedule? Do they have practice this Saturday?

I think this hurts for the future. My hope was that Bradley would be the #2 this year, get another year in the system, and be the starter next season. That would make Mollberg the likely starter in 2014 as a sophomore with two years of experience in the system and 3 years of eligilibity left. Having a different quarterback every single season is not ideal.

• Upvote 2