SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

I've been told that Mathieu has already contacted NDSU about playing there this season. I really don't know if Bohl will want him, though. Yes he's an elite player, but Bohl HATES players with off-field issues and he's not a big fan of FBS transfer players. Then again, think of the publicity the school would get if he went there. I wish UND was more established in FCS. That would be a sweet pick up

Over the past 2+ years I have gotten to know Bohl alittle bit. He is a quality guy and has a focus/mindset for running that FB program the right way...which he seem to be doing. He is a big believer of accountablitiy and team above all else. He isn't a Rocky Hager type!! If the above info is even somewhat factual, I don't see the "Badger" wearing the green and gold in any scenerio with Bohl as head coach. Plus a kid like that isn't going to leave Bourbon St. for Broadway in Fargo!!!

I take it you wouldn't want him playing for your favorite NFL team either?

Sacrificing character for talent works out about 1 of every 10 times, there's a reason these "great talents" haven't been signed by the teams their talent suggests they should, they are smart enough to know that there is a 90% chance that they will either fall back into their old ways or come up with some new lawbreaking activity. And there's a good chance they will either drag down other teammates with them or worse yet do something that will bring the University under scrutiny.

And it doesn't get better in the NFL (Pacman Jones, Albert Haynesworth, TO, Moss, etc...).

Staying away from these kind of guys is always the right move, for every guy like Frattin who saw the light when they got cut loose there are 10 who will never "get it" and change.

That is all, back to football.

So wherever he goes, the kid from LSU probably plays through the end of the year, and then preps himself for the NFL draft by leaving the school at semester time. Doesn't go to class, becomes a celebrity on campus for all the wrong reasons, and gets followed by ESPN the entire year for his accomplishments because he should dominate a lower level.

He's a great talent, would make any team better, but I'm more concerned with the integrity of UND football at this point in time than wins and losses.

The honey badger is no Matt Frattin....guaranteed.

Homer or Wilbur,

How is Jer Garman doing so far this fall? I haven't seen or heard anything about him.

Perhaps I missed something. One of Muss's most sought after recruits since he has

been head coach. Just wondering. A Jer fan as you probably guessed.

Thanks for any info you might have. Spookie

Homer or Wilbur,

How is Jer Garman doing so far this fall? I haven't seen or heard anything about him.

Perhaps I missed something. One of Muss's most sought after recruits since he has

I haven't heard a ton about him this spring, and I'm probably not the best one to ask. IMHO the coaches made a HUGE mistake not redshirting Jer last season. He was underutilized, and didn't see as much of the field as he should of for playing as a true Freshman. They have him listed as a running back, but with the stable of guys at running back UND has you would think he'd be used in the slot kind of like how they used Weston Dressler, or how NDSU uses Ryan Smith. I thought for sure he would see more time on specialty teams in the return game, but that really didn't happen either.

Jer Garman has been taking reps with Jake Miller, Sutton, P.J. Sparks, etc., but his carries are mostly 2-3 yards and a cloud of dust. He has a difficult time breaking through the middle or getting around the ends. Where he's been most effective in practice has been, as was said, in a slot receiver role. He's also been putting in a ton of time on special teams as a punt return guy, if I recall correctly. I said a few days ago that he looks like he bulked up a bit compared with last year, and he has not lost any speed.

Homer or Wilbur,

He needs to get faster and especially get better vision and anticipation as a runner. He's still young. Remember Miller came into last season as a backup and didn't have a spectacular freshman season. Give Jer some time.

geaux_sioux, Wilbur, Teeder11, Thanks guys for the input. since you are more intuned to what is going on up there. I would appreciate

any future updates that you might have regarding Jer. I do agree he could have been used more effectively last year. I think there was

too much hypeby both coaches and media. The kid has a lot of talent and upside that hasn't been seen or used. I do know the coaches

said he an oustanding spring, and would be hard to keep off the field this fall. He did bulk up. We will see how it all plays out. Go Sioux!

Thanks again. Spookie

Well Spookie said Go Sioux! Can't get mad if anyone, including the Fargodome this december for the basketball game get a Sioux Suck **** chant going. You can blame him for this.

That sounds like a Bison fan, looking for someone else to blame when they do something wrong. ;):whistling:

I see that single game tickets go on sale Wednesday. Does anyone know when they sending out season tickets?

I can't wait!!! I need to get my tickets to the Potato Bowl and the Montana game. The only two games I can go to (work). I hope every game is a sellout (after I get my tickets of course).

That sounds like a Bison fan, looking for someone else to blame when they do something wrong. ;):whistling:

Can't get mad at someone for calling you what you call yourself :)

I can't wait!!! I need to get my tickets to the Potato Bowl and the Montana game. The only two games I can go to (work). I hope every game is a sellout (after I get my tickets of course).

Thats probably not going to happen.