SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

Not suprised much by that. Wasn't really going to get much playing time behind Hanson and Bradley. And not to much in the future with Molberg coming in.

And Ryan Bartles... for some reason he's my sleeper for the future. Gotta hunch, that's it. Him and Mollberg should have some classic battles for starts. We shall see.

I see Javen Butler's name on the roster. Was he one of the players we weren't sure on?

Yes, he was one question mark. His addition is a big one though. He was a two-star recruit coming out of high school and UND needs as much depth at the safety spot as possible. A few weeks ago the safety position was a big area of concern. Now, with Butler on the team and two JUCO transfers, the safety position has a chance to be alright.

• Upvote 1

Billings Gazette with their 2012 Big Sky Position Rankings - Defensive Linemen: http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/blogs/catgrizinsider/big-sky-position-rankings-defensive-line/article_1ce13ec2-cd41-11e1-8a24-0019bb2963f4.html

No surprise, Ross Brenneman made the list. He's listed as the fourth best defensive linemen, and the three listed above him certainly aren't a whole lot better. Looking forward to big things out of Ross this season!

Wow Jordan Johnson of Montana I guess is debating on whether staying at UM or transferring. Supposedly if he does transfer it would be to Portland State and he would redshirt this season and then compete for the starting job. That would be quite interesting transferring inside the conference.

Wow Jordan Johnson of Montana I guess is debating on whether staying at UM or transferring. Supposedly if he does transfer it would be to Portland State and he would redshirt this season and then compete for th e starting job. That would be quite interesting transferring inside the conference.

That sounds good for team chemistry

Fall camp is just around the corner. I can't wait to see this team in action. I was excited last year but its ten fold this time around with all of the new players and new things with the football program.

I feel exactly the same way. I am looking forward to camp to see who the surprises are. This season is going to be fun; I can't wait!

Anybody know if there will for sure be a "Through These Doors" type thing for football this year? I know I e-mailed Matt Schill earlier in the year and he said it's a possibility. I really hope there is going to be one and hope there will be one for basketball too (and hockey of course).

Am I going to see any UND Football ticket commercials out here or is it just going to be NDSU giving a rip about the other side of the state again this season? I really hope that UND finds that this state exists west of Jamestown again sometime in the future. I think there are a ton of us out here who would golf in a Sioux-Per Swing or whatever it's called now....never even gets as close as Bismarck.

• Upvote 4