SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

I am a bit surprised that Bradley wouldn't stick around and fight for the starting spot. He had a good spring and certainly could have gotten a look at it - would have been #2 worst case scenario. Give up a free education for at least another year to go do what?

To me it shows alot about his mental makeup and toughness or lack thereof. He has now been to 3 colleges in 3 years.

• Upvote 2

I think that Bradley leaving says a lot about how good Molberg is. Bradley would be a senior next year and you would think be a lick to start over a freshman, but apparently he saw the wuality of QB's over the next two years and realized that he probably would get no higher than the #2 spot.

I think that Bradley leaving says a lot about how good Molberg is. Bradley would be a senior next year and you would think be a lick to start over a freshman, but apparently he saw the wuality of QB's over the next two years and realized that he probably would get no higher than the #2 spot.

Considering Bradley has never been on the same field as Molberg, I don't see how that's the case. Wishful thinking and I certainly hope Molberg or Bartels are good enough to start next year, but I don't think this has much to do with new recruits.

I am not sure what Bradley would of been like when he would of played this FAll. He looked okay in the Spring Game. In the games that really mattered last Fall he was not very good at all. It definitely hurts our depth but if we were relying on Bradley we were probably in trouble anyway. I guess we will never know. Let's just hope everyone stays healthy.

So is it his size arm strength speed pocket awareness feet accuracy touch vision leadership or swag that makes him more of a D1 caliber qb?

I'm just basing it on what I have seen from both QB's live and on TV. I'm not going to trash anybody, and I think we just disagree on this. It's just my arm-chair opinion.

Marcus is the better athlete and has the better arm, no doubt. I'm just wondering why Marcus couldn't pass up Joey on the depth chart in the past 1.5 years if he was the better QB who had been in the system longer? Have the coaches been missing the boat?

One thing I will say is that I respect Hendrickson a ton. He has been moved around a couple of times from different positions and has done whatever has been asked of him. Team player for sure. Plus he's a northern Minnesota kid that I like.

We also need him to step up now more than ever and I hope he succeeds in whatever capacity is asked of him. We might end up needing him if Hanson gets hurt.

Again, I'm not saying Bradley was the savior or anything, but he was certainly an extra lifeline for the offense this year in case of injuries.

• Upvote 1

I think the writing for Bradley transferring was on the wall last winter when Hansen made his decision to go to UND. Bradley transferred in likely with the same sales pitch that brought Hansen to UND, we are lacking an outright starter and you will be "the guy". When it turns out that they turned around and told Hansen that the starting spot is for all intents and purposes his to have, it is easy to understand why Bradley would be a little bit peaved.

This is not an indictment on the way UND speaks to recruits so please don't take it that way. Every program has a tendency to promise the moon during a recruiting process.

It's just a very tough situation to be in no doubt when a player thinks the upcoming season will be his time to shine and the team brings in a transfer with the intention of beating you out for your spot.

• Upvote 1

It's just a very tough situation to be in no doubt when a player thinks the upcoming season will be his time to shine and the team brings in a transfer with the intention of beating you out for your spot.

I don't know how he could think it would be "his time" when he was benched the year before and pretty much showed nothing during his time on the field. The writing was on the wall when he was benched mid-season.

I don't know how he could think it would be "his time" when he was benched the year before and pretty much showed nothing during his time on the field. The writing was on the wall when he was benched mid-season.

I have taken my information from what the people who seem to be "in the know" have said on this board, so correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that if Hansen hadn't transferred in Bradley was the front runner to be the starting QB. Is that incorrect?

I have taken my information from what the people who seem to be "in the know" have said on this board, so correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that if Hansen hadn't transferred in Bradley was the front runner to be the starting QB. Is that incorrect?

That is correct under the assumption that they did not get any other QB's. If you recall, they were flirting with Lance Orender before figuring out that Hanson wanted to come to UND. They were going to make another move for a QB regardless.

That is correct under the assumption that they did not get any other QB's. If you recall, they were flirting with Lance Orender before figuring out that Hanson wanted to come to UND. They were going to make another move for a QB regardless.

I understand. Either way I suppose the outcome is the same for Bradley though, they were bringing in a guy to replace him or beat him out I should say and when that guy signed on the dotted line Bradley probably started looking at other options.

I understand. Either way I suppose the outcome is the same for Bradley though, they were bringing in a guy to replace him or beat him out I should say and when that guy signed on the dotted line Bradley probably started looking at other options.

He seemed to literally wait until the last minute to leave. Not good for him or the team. I wonder if he saw the official depth chart days before camp and decided then.

Neither Hanson or Molberg has ever played a down for UND, yet they are being sold as the Second Coming. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that one of them, or both, live up to the hype.