SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

Am I going to see any UND Football ticket commercials out here or is it just going to be NDSU giving a rip about the other side of the state again this season? I really hope that UND finds that this state exists west of Jamestown again sometime in the future. I think there are a ton of us out here who would golf in a Sioux-Per Swing or whatever it's called now....never even gets as close as Bismarck.

Not to sound like a jerk but the eastern half of the state has more people I believe. And those people are closer to Grand Forks. Those people are more likely to actually buy tickets one would think.

Not to sound like a jerk but the eastern half of the state has more people I believe. And those people are closer to Grand Forks. Those people are more likely to actually buy tickets one would think.

True, but the western half of the state gets more coverage and is more familiar with the Big Sky than the Great West, MVFC or Summit so there is some interest there and some value to advertising there.

This is flat BS. Why not open the UND program up to the entire state? NDSU flat kicks our a$$e$ at promoting their program throughout the state. Already seeing Moo U's commercials on TV out here.....not sure I've ever seen a UND commercial on Bismarck TV. Would be beneficial now that we're in the Big Sky and us non-important North Dakotans in the west are closer to the opponents.

• Upvote 4

True, but the western half of the state gets more coverage and is more familiar with the Big Sky than the Great West, MVFC or Summit so there is some interest there and some value to advertising there.

I seriously doubt that the people in the western half are anymore familiar with the Big Sky when compared to the MVFC. Weber State? Eastern Washington? Northern Arizona? I'd imagine they'd know Montana and Montana State.

At least at this point in time.

I seriously doubt that the people in the western half are anymore familiar with the Big Sky when compared to the MVFC. Weber State? Eastern Washington? Northern Arizona? I'd imagine they'd know Montana and Montana State.

The papers out west cover the Big Sky more than they cover the conferences UND and ndsu were/are in. This was true even before UND got into the Big Sky. So yes, they have read about Eastern Washington more times than they have read about one of the directional Illinois teams in the MVFC.

Moving west through the state I find that something magical happens at about the Kidder County line. Right about there it seems that the focus turns more westerly. You find more Denver Broncos fans and a greater focus on things "Denver". East of Kidder County it's all about Minneapolis.

Moving west through the state I find that something magical happens at about the Kidder County line. Right about there it seems that the focus turns more westerly. You find more Denver Broncos fans and a greater focus on things "Denver". East of Kidder County it's all about Minneapolis.

Thats just too bad. Real unfortunate.

This is flat BS. Why not open the UND program up to the entire state? NDSU flat kicks our a$$e$ at promoting their program throughout the state. Already seeing Moo U's commercials on TV out here.....not sure I've ever seen a UND commercial on Bismarck TV. Would be beneficial now that we're in the Big Sky and us non-important North Dakotans in the west are closer to the opponents.

Be careful westsidesioux, you'll be criticized for bringing it up because it's just "not feasible" for UND to do that. :silly: All sarcasm aside, I agree with you 100%.

It is high time we start promoting our newly minted Division I programs as Division I programs, not like they are still Division II programs and treating them like they "just don't matter" because they aren't hockey.

• Upvote 4

Be careful westsidesioux, you'll be criticized for bringing it up because it's just "not feasible" for UND to do that. :silly: All sarcasm aside, I agree with you 100%.

It is high time we start promoting our newly minted Division I programs as Division I programs, not like they are still Division II programs and treating them like they "just don't matter" because they aren't hockey.

'Theyre not real D1 though, they don't play the likes of Colorado College Ferris St. and RIT'

I didn't mean to open a can of worms....it's just frustrating when I know the alumni base that UND does have out here. I've been vocal in my criticism of their approach to reaching out to western North Dakota. It's not just the commercials and broadcast stations (radio)....but how freaking hard would it be for them to sell out a Sioux-Per Swing (or whatever it is now) at Bully Pulpit or in Bismarck? NOT TOO HARD AT ALL! I would gladly take a day off from work to golf in it because it is in a good driving distance for me from Rhame and I know a lot of people who would go as well. It's time to stop ignoring the state past the Kidder county line!

• Upvote 3

I didn't mean to open a can of worms....it's just frustrating when I know the alumni base that UND does have out here. I've been vocal in my criticism of their approach to reaching out to western North Dakota. It's not just the commercials and broadcast stations (radio)....but how freaking hard would it be for them to sell out a Sioux-Per Swing (or whatever it is now) at Bully Pulpit or in Bismarck? NOT TOO HARD AT ALL! I would gladly take a day off from work to golf in it because it is in a good driving distance for me from Rhame and I know a lot of people who would go as well. It's time to stop ignoring the state past the Kidder county line!

Don't apologize for opening this can of worms, this is what is needed to wake UND up from it's self-imposed malaise of poor marketing and poor advertising. Now that we are full-fledged Division I in a legitimate Division I conference, we have to ramp everything up. Either that or we shouldn't have moved up in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Season ticket numbers are on the rise. This is from someone in the UND ticket office per my email request this morning as I was looking at some group pricing:

Were up about 10% right now on the seasons but August is traditionally a great month for Football Season Ticket sales and we have a huge Marketing Campaign starting in a week so we’ll see where we end up. Our group tickets have really been selling well too. We have more group tickets reserved for this Montana game than the last two seasons combined, so it’s smart to get your tickets early for it. Should be a fun year in the Big Sky for not only football, but the other sports as well. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Season ticket numbers are on the rise. This is from someone in the UND ticket office per my email request this morning as I was looking at some group pricing:

Were up about 10% right now on the seasons but August is traditionally a great month for Football Season Ticket sales and we have a huge Marketing Campaign starting in a week so we’ll see where we end up. Our group tickets have really been selling well too. We have more group tickets reserved for this Montana game than the last two seasons combined, so it’s smart to get your tickets early for it. Should be a fun year in the Big Sky for not only football, but the other sports as well. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

This is great news! :)

Yea. Underhand.

Certainly not a 25 yard out-route thrown by Hansen eh? Just a soft toss by some drunk white guy who smells like cheese with a beer stain on his beloved jersey

(I like giving the und hockey-only folks crap more than the rest of you guys)

Certainly not a 25 yard out-route thrown by Hansen eh? Just a soft toss by some drunk white guy who smells like cheese with a beer stain on his beloved jersey

(I like giving the und hockey-only folks crap more than the rest of you guys)

I actually enjoy getting on cake eating hockey only fans for acting like everything non hockey at UND is beneath them. Their noses are so high in the air that if they're outside when it rains they drown