SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

Haha, that's great. Obviously many don't agree so we'll have to wait and see. Again, I never said he was a absolute terrible (college) hockey player....I just said he was an overrated NHL prospect. Again, we'll have to wait until he finally get's the call.....hopefully we don't have to wait as long as it's taking Jordan Schroeder...I had the same arguement with Gophs fans and they're still waiting for him to get called up.

Will you guys lets us join the NCHC? :D

Of course, under the following conditions:

1) MN can only recruit players from MN to continue their "we only recruit in MN" shtick

2) MN recruits must start their college careers at 19 or earlier so they can continue to complain how old other teams are

3) MN cannot play any evening games in the NCHC tournament to eliminate home field ice locality advantage

4) MN team must fly to Denver and back prior to playing in the NCHC tournament to eliminate home ice travel advantage

5) All MN players involved in the World Juniors must walk back to MN after that tournament is done to provide an excuse for second half collapse

6) All MN non-conference games must be at home against teams ranked outside of the PWR top 30 for the past five years.

7) MN must rehire John Hill as assistant coach emeritus for life and cut Mike Guentzel free from the team

I think that does it. :D

Of course, under the following conditions:

1) MN can only recruit players from MN to continue their "we only recruit in MN" shtick

2) MN recruits must start their college careers at 19 or earlier so they can continue to complain how old other teams are

3) MN cannot play any evening games in the NCHC tournament to eliminate home field ice locality advantage

4) MN team must fly to Denver and back prior to playing in the NCHC tournament to eliminate home ice travel advantage

5) All MN players involved in the World Juniors must walk back to MN after that tournament is done to provide an excuse for second half collapse

6) All MN non-conference games must be at home against teams ranked outside of the PWR top 30 for the past five years.

7) MN must rehire John Hill as assistant coach emeritus for life and cut Mike Guentzel free from the team

I think that does it. :D

If we're forced to comply with #7 we might as well get the death penalty. :)

• Upvote 1

On another note anyone else hear that Kevin Roy is possibly decommitting from Brown to go to the CHL?

Not sure if he will be headed to the CHL or not but saw this on twitter, also heard he may be looking for a package deal with his brother.

Schlossman@SchlossmanGF

Many expected this for months. RT @MattyMo26: Kevin Roy won't be honoring his commitment to Brown. Let the sweepstakes begin.

Dan Hammer is a big upgrade over Pat "Story Hour" Sweeney.

i never said I was in favor of Pat, I just said that with a high profile job like this, they could only get Dan Hammer? I'm sorry but Hammer has an EGO has big as a blimp and I am not in favor of him.

i never said I was in favor of Pat, I just said that with a high profile job like this, they could only get Dan Hammer? I'm sorry but Hammer has an EGO has big as a blimp and I am not in favor of him.

I guess I am just trying to be positive about it. Hammer did some hockey games back in the 1980's and has remained familiar with it since. Getting a big name from another market might not work out like you are thinking it would; that person wouldn't know Jack Squat about the program or what it has accomplished over the years. I say give "The Hammer" a chance before we break out the torches and pitchforks.

I'm sorry but from a prospective of history and knowledge of the program I'd bet Sweeneys' pinky has forgotten more about Sioux hockey than Dammer could learn in a lifetime....

.........then again he won't be broadcasting Sioux hockey soooo maybe it's par for the course.

• Upvote 4