SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

For Hockey Weekend Across America, College Hockey Inc. picked the 'best' player from 40+ states and the District of Columbia.

Lamoureux gets the nod for NoDak, while Panzarella gets the nod for Washington D.C.

A non-Gopher player for Minnesota was a bit of a surprise, but the player picked is deserving.

I can only imagine the goofer fans all up in arms over not having a player represented for Minnesota.

I heard one of your radio announcers was about to flip something over complaining about the Sioux, recently. It seems like you guys all get a little crazy when the Golden boys have to play the big bad Sioux.

I'm not about to defend Shaver's comments but there isn't only one fan base who turns idiotic during those series.

Wow, that was a really bad call. The guy didn't even move his skate in the direction of the goal.

Not to mention that the CC goalie redirected the puck into Zombo's skate, which he did not move, even slightly, to redirect. I guess the stripes wanted to end the game so they could get to the bar.

No kicking motion was made; terrible call in a big situation.

A goal shall not be allowed if the puck has been kicked or directed into

the goal off an attacking player’s skate or any body part. When in doubt, the

RULE 6 / PLA YIN G RULES HR-69

goal shall be disallowed.

I don't think it is a bad call at all. He was moving toward the net and his head is clearly down looking at the puck. While there isn't a kicking motion, he was moving toward the net and the evidence suggests that he was directing it toward the net. He did not even attempt to get his stick down on the puck. If he had been trying to use the stick, and it went in off his skate then maybe you can give him the benefit of the doubt. But the rule states if there is any doubt, the goal is disallowed. Note that Zombo did not even react when the goal was disallowed, like he knew what he was doing and it would probably be disallowed. If the rule specified only prohibited a kicking motion, then it would have been a bad call.

A goal shall not be allowed if the puck has been kicked or directed into

the goal off an attacking player’s skate or any body part. When in doubt, the

RULE 6 / PLA YIN G RULES HR-69

goal shall be disallowed.

Is that you Don? Instead of using "When in doubt," the rule should read "when imcompetent...." The puck was neither kicked or directed. Not sure how this rule even applies. I stand by my earlier statement that the stripes had bar time waiting.