SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

That was contact to head/neck with both gloves and maybe the stick. Rau should be out 1 game extra for it.

And he is. I love how Don Lucifer claimed in the post game that Rau checked Zucker in chest. You can clearly see his hands go right into Zuckers neck and head, like I said last night when I saw it live.

And he is. I love how Don Lucifer claimed in the post game that Rau checked Zucker in chest. You can clearly see his hands go right into Zuckers neck and head, like I said last night when I saw it live.

At least not all Gopher fans are wearing their shades and calling it like that. It was pretty freaking clear to me that Rau's arms went high when he hit Zucker. I gotta say I am surprised about the suspension. As Dagies said, Kristo should've served a suspension in that case.

Wasn't Kristo's a CFB. This was clearly a hit to the head. I am sorry they just aren't the same.

Kristo hit the kid in the back of the head and it was from behind which is why it was called CFB. Even if they aren't the same in your book, for what Rau did, Kristo deserved a suspension just as much then.

Wow, really? I'm surprised. Kristo should have had a game suspension for his hit during the gopher series, then. But maybe the league is cracking down, which would be a good thing.

I think that is exactly what we are seeing here, it's starting with Rau and will be the new trend to hopefully get these hits to stop.

I think that is exactly what we are seeing here, it's starting with Rau and will be the new trend to hopefully get these hits to stop.

And that would be long overdue, how someone hasn't ended up with a broken neck the last couple years is miraculous.

http://blog.collegeh...eek-15-edition/

Without further ado, here are this week’s rankings, including a new No. 1:

1 — Minnesota (Last week: 2)

The Gophers were idle last week but jump a spot because UMD split in Anchorage. The week off could do wonders for guys like Kyle Rau and Nick Bjugstad, who because of the World Junior tournament, have been going almost nonstop since mid-September. This bye week comes not too early, but not too late, and should allow the Gophers to get into quite a rhythm starting this weekend in Denver.

Classic.