SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with Rau's other than it was very late. Give him a 2 minute interference and that's it. I've had a few Sioux fans that are friends of mine call me and say the same thing. Rau doesn't leave his feet and hits Zucker in the chest. Probably knocked the wind out of him.

https://www.snappytv...h-gopher-hockey

Edit: No officials put their arms up until they saw Zucker was hurt either.

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with Rau's other than it was very late. Give him a 2 minute interference and that's it. I've had a few Sioux fans that are friends of mine call me and say the same thing. Rau doesn't leave his feet and hits Zucker in the chest. Probably knocked the wind out of him.

He skated half the length of the ice though man and never slowed down

Didn't see the hit, but the guy with the maroon and gold colored glasses, Kevin Gorg, said Kyle Rau would learn from it, and you can't leave your feet and hit somebody in the head.

Remember when Patterson had like 5 shutouts in a month to start the season or something along those lines?

What happened to him? He's been letting in a lot of softies lately.

Teams watch a lot of film and the Gophers defense is young.

He glided, though. That's not a penalty. If he's taking strides into him it's charging, but when he just glides it should be nothing.

Kinda agree with your glide theory after watching it again, but I'm not sure if there is any "glide allowance" in the rulebook. Either way it was late and it was blind. We can argue all night on the perception of the hit especially since we see it different ways due to our respective allegiances, but if I know the WCHA he could be looking more discipline depending on the severity of the injury. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with more punishment but that's just how this kinda stuff always seems to work.

Kinda agree with your glide theory after watching it again, but I'm not sure if there is any "glide allowance" in the rulebook. Either way it was late and it was blind. We can argue all night on the perception of the hit especially since we see it different ways due to our respective allegiances, but if I know the WCHA he could be looking more discipline depending on the severity of the injury. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with more punishment but that's just how this kinda stuff always seems to work.

There definitely won't be more discipline. It wasn't that bad of a hit.

Are you high? both of Frattins hits were far more malicous than that, and both of his were good hits. Rau hits him in the chest and Zucker goes down. He doesn't jump or take strides and it sure as heck isn't from behind.

I totally agree with you, Rau's hit isn't that bad. Just curious I can only remember one dirty hit by Frattin, the one on Wehrs, what was the other one? Not trying to stir anything up I just am drawing a blank on it.

Are you high? both of Frattins hits were far more malicous than that, and both of his were good hits. Rau hits him in the chest and Zucker goes down. He doesn't jump or take strides and it sure as heck isn't from behind.

Looked higher than the chest to me...

Erm, I've been looking at the close-up footage of it on the Gopher Post-Game and Rau had his arms up high when landing the hit on Zucker. Hell, even Woog agreed that his arms were up high. You can see Zucker's head ricochet off the plexiglass.....

Somewhere last night I saw another clip posted, which showed a better view in slo-mo. Rau goes very high with his hit. It was both late, and high.
  • Upvote 1

Both of Frattins hits were devastating because Wehr thought he was a bad ass and got his world rocked. . Rau had no business hitting Zucker like that. The puck was no longer on his stick or in his vicinity. Quit making excuses. You may be able to pull that crap over on GPL but not here. I hope to see Rau suspended for contact to the head. Someone is going to take that little punks head off sooner or later. Well folks looks like the Gophers have another C-Piss.

• Upvote 1

Both of Frattins hits were devastating because Wehr thought he was a bad ass and got his world rocked. . Rau had no business hitting Zucker like that. The puck was no longer on his stick or in his vicinity. Quit making excuses. You may be able to pull that crap over on GPL but not here. I hope to see Rau suspended for contact to the head. Someone is going to take that little punks head off sooner or later. Well folks looks like the Gophers have another C-Piss.

Ben Blood sure wanted to...