SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

most of the time you can chalk up the chants you hear to college kids just being stupid...but to chant "smallpox blankets" is beyond poor taste in my opinion...good for UMD administration for addressing this issue...

Check out this page, the people are saying the chants they did and acting like it's no big deal.

http://www.umdpenaltybox.com/MessBoard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2660

Them replies after the letter are awful! I cant believe people have no compassion anymore!

And than to say its the fault of the UND for using the name, are these commenters a bunch of teenagers? I have been to a lot of away games and never heard this crap anywhere! But I have never been to a game in Duluth, all I can say is wow!!!!

Them replies after the letter are awful! I cant believe people have no compassion anymore!

And than to say its the fault of the UND for using the name, are these commenters a bunch of teenagers? I have been to a lot of away games and never heard this crap anywhere! But I have never been to a game in Duluth, all I can say is wow!!!!

I apologize to any UMD fans that may be reading this, but that fanbase has some of the biggest idiots I've ever come across in my life. The only respectable UMD fans I know are my cousin and the teller at Wells Fargo. To defend this kind of thing is ridiculous. I'm glad I was raised to have common sense and decency of what is appropriate and what is not.

It's always our fault. You can't make this crap up.

I apologize to any UMD fans that may be reading this, but that fanbase has some of the biggest idiots I've ever come across in my life. The only respectable UMD fans I know are my cousin and the teller at Wells Fargo. To defend this kind of thing is ridiculous. I'm glad I was raised to have common sense and decency of what is appropriate and what is not.

did the fan base for get there was a game 2 because I did notice a lot of empty seats while watching on TV

So Accourding to these highly edumacatped UMD fans it's the university of North Dakotas fault in using the nickname that results in the actions of racist and abusive chants of their own creation and use?...

I can only imagine, with that logic, ......what the UMD solution would have been to racist name calling directed towards African Americans or other ethnic bigotry......would they be howling for an entire race to change their names and visual identity as well?....

One clown said, it's their fault for wearing the jersey... DOH!!!

Jupiter over at GPL just put this up tonight. Very cool tables show all the earnings of NCAA hockey teams. I was actually surprised to see Minnesota makes over 3x more than UND, who makes the second most in the nation.

http://www.gopherpuc...ogfull&id=11205

I wonder if that is due in part to them rarely leaving Mariuccci. It certainly is true for non conference games.

I wonder if that is due in part to them rarely leaving Mariuccci. It certainly is true for non conference games.

I honestly have no idea. I just don't see how they can make so much more. Unless their FSN contract gives them a couple million per year. Which is highly possible.

I thhink we have the highest ticket prices in the nation as well.

UND's are (I believe) par with Minnesota except for the more expensive series against Minnesota and Denver

That's very interesting. Denver, this weekend's opponent...breaks even? In fact, they are $1.00 in the red. That suprises me.

I'd have to imagine by that list a lot of the schools just put their money at about breaking even and put the rest into other sports numbers or something judging by the amount of schools that break perfectly even. Looks like 1-26 do it with the actual numbers and 53-58 do it with actual numbers.

I honestly have no idea. I just don't see how they can make so much more. Unless their FSN contract gives them a couple million per year. Which is highly possible.

After looking at this, you guys should be pissed that your team hasn't been better the past few years...you're the Notre Dame football of college hockey! :lol:

I don't think either of those would be stretches assuming UND makes the NCAA's...

I would think the Gophers would almost have to win out to climb to a #1 seed. Placing UND in St. Paul makes sense geographically but the committee would be forced to ship them somewhere else if the seeds are Gophers as a #2 and UND as a #3 or #1 and #4.