SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

If the Sioux can't pull a win out of Denver this weekend, I am afraid the tournament hopes might be over unless they win the Final Five or get a whole lot of help.

Spot on.

Fridays game is a monster for us, with the altitude and our tendency to be a little sluggish on Saturdays lately I would hate to have to count on a win Saturday to get a split.

Turned on to the gopher / UNO game to see Kyle rau two hand slash a guy in the neck in front of the ref.......no call

And then to see some dbag head but a guy into the ice on a face off.........penalty called.

You stay classy Minnesota....pride on ice at work again

Plus if you turn on the volume you get a Kevin Gorg stupidity in Homerism Symposium.

Wasn't sure exactly which thread to put this in, but it seems the UNO/UND outdoor game isn't the only one in the works: http://host.madison.com/sports/college/hockey/uw-men-s-hockey-tentative-date-set-for-outdoor-game/article_8c885e30-5f42-11e1-98d0-001871e3ce6c.html

UW has a preliminary contract to face the Gophers in a Western Collegiate Hockey Association game on Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013 at Soldier Field in Chicago.

Gophers beat UNO 3-2 in OT. Looks like UMN is going to play UW in an outdoor game at Soldier Field in February next season and Rau just stabbed a guy in the neck with one skate and baseball swung another guy in the neck right after. USA Hockey has suspended him from hockey for life. ;)

Rau just stabbed a guy in the neck with one skate and baseball swung another guy in the neck right after.

Don Adam deals out penalties, Rau 2 for roughing and the dead guys 2 each for delay of game while they haul them off. Gophers end up with PP.

Woog says Rau was robbed, other guys should have got 5 each.

Rau just stabbed a guy in the neck with one skate and baseball swung another guy in the neck right after. USA Hockey has suspended him from hockey for life. ;)

I wouldn't classify Rau's play as goonish (yet), but he certainly is a fan of hitting people along the boards after the whistle or well after that player has gotten rid of the puck. He did it again tonight against UNO.

I wouldn't classify Rau's play as goonish (yet), but he certainly is a fan of hitting people along the boards after the whistle or well after that player has gotten rid of the puck. He did it again tonight against UNO.

I still don't think his play is that bad. He's just a player that knows how to get under the opponents skin. The play tonight that you're talking about was STUPID, though. I still don't agree with the suspension he got from the Zucker hit. That hit wasn't bad at all other than the late-ness of it. Kristo's hit on Marshall was worse.

I still don't think his play is that bad. He's just a player that knows how to get under the opponents skin. The play tonight that you're talking about was STUPID, though. I still don't agree with the suspension he got from the Zucker hit. That hit wasn't bad at all other than the late-ness of it. Kristo's hit on Marshall was worse.

Yep, other than the hit on Zucker being late, high, and against the boards, not much else wrong with it.

But many gopher fans consider MacWilliams hit dirty even when a former head of NHL officials thought it was clean, and of course Rau is an angel, even though he hit a player that had let up after a touch up for a penalty that Rau was fully aware was being called. Some gopher fans truly are delusional in their viewing of the game. Rau has already built up a number of questionable circumstances that are borderline dirty. Some I can give him the benefit of the doubt on, last nights makes me wonder if he truly deserves the benefit of the doubt. I would say that as a rookie his reputation as a scorer and hard worker are well deserved, but he also will be watched for questionable activity beyond those positives as well.

• Upvote 1

Don Adam deals out penalties, Rau 2 for roughing and the dead guys 2 each for delay of game while they haul them off. Gophers end up with PP.

Head of Officials Greg Shepherd was so mad at all the non-sense in the Minnesota/UNO game that he had his son call a major on Andrew MacWilliam ... ;):D

Even with Sioux loss tonight, home ice may not be "officially" clinched but they have to be close. Omaha and CC's loss has to help UND. So you have Omaha (27) CC (27), Tech (26) underneath the Sioux and CC and Tech play next week.

The only scenario that I see is if Minnesota State sweeps the Sioux AND St. Cloud sweeps Duluth....even then, UND and St Cloud would still each have 29 points and be tied for 6th/7th.

It takes a total collapse by the Sioux next week not to finish 4th. Even with a split it looks like UND will be 4th.

Even with Sioux loss tonight, home ice may not be "officially" clinched but they have to be close. Omaha and CC's loss has to help UND. So you have Omaha (27) CC (27), Tech (26) underneath the Sioux and CC and Tech play next week.

The only scenario that I see is if Minnesota State sweeps the Sioux AND St. Cloud sweeps Duluth....even then, UND and St Cloud would still each have 29 points and be tied for 6th/7th.

It takes a total collapse by the Sioux next week not to finish 4th. Even with a split it looks like UND will be 4th.

On the live chat, Schlossman said UND needs 1 more point to clinch home ice.