SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

I believe the right call was made in this situation. Although he doesn't use the distinct kicking motion he knew what he was doing, and his reaction on the bench after the no goal kind of proves he knew what he was doing.

Either way it would be a controversial call. I feel bad for UNO, they've been on the wrong end of some reviews over the years.

sioux would be in 4th after tie breakers

Thanks, so am I assuming correctly that when there is a three way tie all head to heads are factored in? Therefore UND's sweep over CC at home Thanksgiving Weekend is what places the Sioux #4? As of today that would have The Beav coming to town.

Thanks, so am I assuming correctly that when there is a three way tie all head to heads are factored in? Therefore UND's sweep over CC at home Thanksgiving Weekend is what places the Sioux #4? As of today that would have The Beav coming to town.

correct...and since we split with UNO the second criteria is number of conference wins

4. UND

5. CC

6.UNO

Tough call. I guess I don't know the rule but it doesn't appear to me to be a distinct kicking motion. I could buy that it was a motion to redirect the puck, so maybe that's good enough to meet the requirement in the rulebook.

Apparently according to @bruceciskie The NCAA hockey rule book notes the following -- Rule 6, Section 18 (a):

A goal shall not be allowed if the puck has been kicked or directed into the goal off an attacking player’s skate or any body part. When in doubt, the goal shall be disallowed. A goal shall be allowed if a puck deflects off an attacking player who is in the act of stopping.

If this is the case shouldn't MTU shorthand not counted? I thought it went off the MTU players.Here is the video.

Edited by Goon

Apparently according to @bruceciskie The NCAA hockey rule book notes the following -- Rule 6, Section 18 (a):

If this is the case shouldn't MTU shorthand not counted? I thought it went off the MTU players.Here is the video.

Can't tell much from that angle, but watching last night I thought it looked like Simpson's stick was between Baker's skates and the puck went off that??

Via twitter

Paul Kelly has resigned as Executive Director of College Hockey Inc., according to a release from the Hockey Commissioners Association.

“The HCA would like to thank Paul for his service to CHI and wish him the best in his future endeavors,” stated HCA President Steve Hagwell.

Release says the HCA anticipates discussions to chart a different course for the position. Could name an interim director.

Interesting... I wonder what happened

Can't tell much from that angle, but watching last night I thought it looked like Simpson's stick was between Baker's skates and the puck went off that??

I thought the same, looked like it was off Simpson's stick on one of the replays.

So Notre Dame could quite possibly miss the NCAA tournament. How in the heck would NBC Sports Net spin that one to make them look good?

I am sorry but Notre Dame is a joke when it comes to hockey. They basically live off their football cred and it is absolutely ridiculious that they are spotlighted on a national tv station. NBC will soon realize that airing a mediocre team that will get overhyped and underperform year in and year out. Folks it would have been nice to have the Notre Dame name in the NCHC but as far as substance. Meh....(Think St. Cloud)

I know GFG you were just pointing out and I don't think you think Notre Dame is a top NCAA team. Hell I can respect the gophers more than Notre Dame. At least UM has accomplished something on the ice.

I am sorry but Notre Dame is a joke when it comes to hockey. They basically live off their football cred and it is absolutely ridiculious that they are spotlighted on a national tv station. NBC will soon realize that airing a mediocre team that will get overhyped and underperform year in and year out. Folks it would have been nice to have the Notre Dame name in the NCHC but as far as substance. Meh....(Think St. Cloud)

I know GFG you were just pointing out and I don't think you think Notre Dame is a top NCAA team. Hell I can respect the gophers more than Notre Dame. At least UM has accomplished something on the ice.

Haha it was meant as a slap in the face to NBC Sports Net because they talk Notre Dame up like they win the national title every year and now it's possible they won't even make the NCAA tournament. Personally, though I wouldn't call Notre Dame a joke. They're not elite yet, but they're an above average rising program that's made huge strides in the past decade.

Haha it was meant as a slap in the face to NBC Sports Net because they talk Notre Dame up like they win the national title every year and now it's possible they won't even make the NCAA tournament. Personally, though I wouldn't call Notre Dame a joke. They're not elite yet, but they're an above average rising program that's made huge strides in the past decade.

Perhaps when they win a NC I will give them better props but they are just living off the brand name.

I never heard anything about this until today. I never heard any UND officials or anyone else say anything. On DHG's board people have been saying what the chants are. There's quite a few.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/223471/

most of the time you can chalk up the chants you hear to college kids just being stupid...but to chant "smallpox blankets" is beyond poor taste in my opinion...good for UMD administration for addressing this issue...