SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

On 4/14/2022 at 12:46 PM, Yote 53 said:

They didn't "need" Murray.  Murray could have taken their football program elsewhere, including non-scholarship and to the Pioneer League or as an affiliate to another football conference as several conferences are looking for members.

The SU example is a better example because they were twisting in the wind in the Great West. 

The fact that they didn't do so (like Drake) is telling, and probably a sign the operation "Jettison Summit" could be in the offing. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/14/2022 at 12:46 PM, Yote 53 said:

They didn't "need" Murray.  Murray could have taken their football program elsewhere, including non-scholarship and to the Pioneer League or as an affiliate to another football conference as several conferences are looking for members.

The SU example is a better example because they were twisting in the wind in the Great West. 

One must remember that when NDSU was in the Great West I believe they were not playoff eligible. Plus that conference was put together for the purpose of having

a conference for those who were in limbo.

13 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

The fact that they didn't do so (like Drake) is telling, and probably a sign the operation "Jettison Summit" could be in the offing. 

Or are we on a crash course for something like the WCHA had?
That ended as the genesis of the NCHC. 

14 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

where's fenton?

Fenton isn't doing anything until the new NCAA rules are released.  Some think that the new rules will potentially make single sport conferences less desirable.  No reason to upset the apple cart if we don't know what rules we will be playing by not even a year from now.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:00 AM, nodak651 said:

Fenton isn't doing anything until the new NCAA rules are released.  Some think that the new rules will potentially make single sport conferences less desirable.  No reason to upset the apple cart if we don't know what rules we will be playing by not even a year from now.

Haven't paid too close attention to this, but what are they hinting at for rule changes?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FSSD said:

Well, I don't know this person.  But as a general rule - nothing good comes out of SCSU.  So, I have very low expectations.

Not thrilled with the hire. Hope she proves me wrong. 

4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Peak-2022 hire.  

Well, she was on rowing team at Iowa and a Phycology major (who isn't anymore).  She spent the last ten years at SCSU killing football.    I can see her value as lecturing everyone on the proper use of pronouns and the need for safe spaces in hockey.  And just in case you have not heard this one recently.  She is the first! woman to be hired to her current role.  Yeah 2022!!!!  and NCHC is going woke.  I hope it works out.  Seriously, I think I would rather see Jen Sakai as commissioner.

9 hours ago, FSSD said:

Well, she was on rowing team at Iowa and a Phycology major (who isn't anymore).  She spent the last ten years at SCSU killing football.    I can see her value as lecturing everyone on the proper use of pronouns and the need for safe spaces in hockey.  And just in case you have not heard this one recently.  She is the first! woman to be hired to her current role.  Yeah 2022!!!!  and NCHC is going woke.  I hope it works out.  Seriously, I think I would rather see Jen Sakai as commissioner.

Hopefully It is a short term hire as the NCHC will be absorbed soon…..

• 1 month later...