SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

11 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

No thanks on St Thomas. Enough Minnesota presence and they havent proven anything yet. Don't know why people want to dump Western.  Great college hockey environment 

bc people would rather spend a weekend in minny, bemidji, or kato over kalamazoooooooo

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

bc people would rather spend a weekend in minny, bemidji, or kato over kalamazoooooooo

Speak for yourself. I get that you can't come to grips that the WCHA days are over. The NCHC came into being to get away from those schools.   And if you can't see the appeal of travel to AZ in the winter and how ASU might appeal to Denver and CC, I can't help you.  North Dakota isn't the only school in the NCHC. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

Speak for yourself. I get that you can't come to grips that the WCHA days are over. The NCHC came into being to get away from those schools.   And if you can't see the appeal of travel to AZ in the winter and how ASU might appeal to Denver and CC, I can't help you.  North Dakota isn't the only school in the NCHC. 

ummmm....do you even read my posts?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Montana’s, North Dakota’s, and South Dakota’s need to do something

Doubt that Fargo wants to do anything with UND, they are still expecting that big 12 invite 

whatever happens should be an all sport conference , not just football

und-3 (oly, fb, hockey)

ndsu-2

usd-2

sdsu-2

st thomas-3

uni-3 if they add hockey

omaha-2

denver-2

kc-1

oral roberts-1

western michigan-1

miami-1

cc-1

st cloud-1

duluth-1

10 for olympic- (use hockey lure to get uni to bring football and they replace western illi)

10 for hockey-(add st thomas and uni)

6 for football (get omaha and denver to grow a set and sponser fb gets to 8)

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's the bare minimum for football to work?

und, ndsu, usd, sdsu, uni (adds hockey), and st thomas for fb...who else ??

Don’t need st thomas

go for montanas, Idaho and unc 

wii ncaa allow another auto basketball bid 

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

Don’t need st thomas

go for montanas, Idaho and unc 

wii ncaa allow another auto basketball bid 

been there done that....montanas like their conference. (im all for it but it aint happening)..

unc sucks at everything.....

7 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

10 for olympic- (use hockey lure to get uni to bring football and they replace western illi)

10 for hockey-(add st thomas and uni)

6 for football (get omaha and denver to grow a set and sponser fb gets to 8)

I am pretty sure Omaha is only D1 because they were willing to get rid of football. 

So the MVC schools lobbied for Murray State (because they are going MVC and MVFC now). MoSt and WIU state yes votes (rest haven't responded). The MVC schools (IlSU, InSU, UNI, SIU, MoSt) plus WIU (Horizon for BB) are a majority in an 11 team league. 

NDSU said no. (Will that harm them with the MVC in the future?) 

UND (Armacost) said he's not commenting on a private vote. (I read that as a UND no vote, but he doesn't want to publicly state he disagreed with the decision; that said, I can be wrong.) 

McFeely was correct in his article, the balance of power in the MVFC has shifted to the weakest football schools in the conference.  Now it will permanently be that way with the MVC schools outnumbering the Summit schools, and WIU being so financially strapped and weakened as a program that they will vote for a downgrading in the strength of the conference.

6 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

McFeely was correct in his article, the balance of power in the MVFC has shifted to the weakest football schools in the conference.  Now it will permanently be that way with the MVC schools outnumbering the Summit schools, and WIU being so financially strapped and weakened as a program that they will vote for a downgrading in the strength of the conference.

that western vote is such a plea for full membership it's pathetic.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

true...but maybe they want to add fb back? just saying they could...just like denver but with title 9 probably no chance.

Talk is cheap; it takes money to buy whiskey, ... and football. And Omaha doesn't have money for football. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Talk is cheap; it takes money to buy whiskey, ... and football. And Omaha doesn't have money for football. 

it the summit breaks with mvfc...the 4 dakotah's arent enough for football...who else would they get?