SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

17 hours ago, FSSD said:

Why would the Big 10 take ISU and KU?  Big 10 isn't going to be second fiddle behind SEC.  They are going to go bigger than ISU and KU.  They are not going to let ACC and SEC win the second round of realignment with UND, OU, TU going to those conferences without a fight.  They are going to go big against the ACC.  My guess is Virginia and UNC.  Or maybe UND in that mix. 

It is like impossible to get ACC/Notre Dame because of their grant of rights contract with the conference. It sounds like the B1G is indeed gonna go big and look to expand west into the PAC with USC, UCLA, Oregon, Colorado, Washington being among the targets. The big tv partner fox is also encouraging this potential move. I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of it as it stretches the conference from literally coast to coast. I get it is football driven but think about like a baseball series you are gonna have Rutgers playing UCLA in a weekend conference series? Would be all kinds of strange. 

49 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Big 12 in heap big trouble.

They are still a P5 conference, or can that be taken away from them? They can just add G5 teams to fill out who they lose? I don’t know why the SEC would want Texas when they demand to have their own tv deals….

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

They are still a P5 conference, or can that be taken away from them? They can just add G5 teams to fill out who they lose? I don’t know why the SEC would want Texas when they demand to have their own tv deals….

Maybe Texas is willing to give up their own tv deal to join the SEC.

2 hours ago, Kab said:

Texas lawmakers are drafting a bill that would require legislative approval for a team to switch conferences

3 of the lawmakers attended Baylor 

What's old is new again.  Isn't that how Baylor got into Big 12 all those years ago?

Does anyone thing the big sky and mvfc have had any conversations on a new conference that could move up on their timeframe or do think a few teams are hoping to get and invite and leave others behind?

would think both Montana’s and South Dakota teams would need to move together with their legislatures 

would be a football only conference or all sports 

I think there is a pretty good chance that not a single g5 moves up as a result of this.  The P5 are going to turn into the P4, and each P4 conf will have two divisions with no conf championship game, to allow for an expanded playoff that will include the winner of each division, so each conf will have a minimum of 2 teams each, in the new college football playoff.  The biggest change will be seperation between the G5 and P4.  With the G5 hopefully realizing where they stand as the end result, but this last part is unlikely because they are delusional.  The G5 needs to create their own championship.  This is whats best for them although they will never admit it.

• Upvote 2