SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

So when are we going to find out about this WR?

Looks like that WR & commit #8 could be Anthony Taylor from Lombard (Montini) IL.

http://www.montini.o...all_players.pdf

Anthony Taylor is an honor senior from Wheaton. He is a Captain on the Football Team and is a member of the Boys Track Team. Anthony participates in Intramural Basketball and is the Secretary of the Student Government. He has earned a scholarship to play football at the University of North Dakota.

Looks like that WR & commit #8 could be Anthony Taylor from Lombard (Montini) IL.

http://www.montini.o...all_players.pdf

After reading the link again this morning, I realized it was released back in Aug. I'm guessing the writer meant he was offered a scholarship to UND. But, looks like Taylor did visit on Dec 8th. http://www.mysuburba...ruiting-on-hold

I haven't found anything online about an actual verbal, so I'll just wait to see if the SFI crew announces it soon. Very well could be Taylor who they were referring to as the WR commit.

During a period break of last night's hockey game, I noticed a tall young guy in the Sioux Shop wearing a T shirt referencing the Illinois 6A or 8A football championship. He appeared to be there with his father. After looking at his photo, I think this may have been Ryan Bartels, the Illinois QB recruit. Anyone know if other recruits were in town this weekend? Seems like a good time to bring some prospects through before the dead period.

During a period break of last night's hockey game, I noticed a tall young guy in the Sioux Shop wearing a T shirt referencing the Illinois 6A or 8A football championship. He appeared to be there with his father. After looking at his photo, I think this may have been Ryan Bartels, the Illinois QB recruit. Anyone know if other recruits were in town this weekend? Seems like a good time to bring some prospects through before the dead period.

I believe I heard there were about 10-12 recruits in town for the weekend.

I have never met the kid and I don't talk to UND recruits unless I have a previous relationship and even then don't get involved in recruiting. UND does not want Alumni nor boosters talking to their recruits and send us a list of the NCAA rules so we abide by them. If a kid asks us questions we can answer them, but the recruiting is done by UND coaches, not boosters. Doesn't mean no one else has an idea about whether or not UND offered the kid.

I am sure I am mistaken and UND made the visit to hear the kid tell them he was going elsewhere. If they didn't offer that would seal the deal if he had wanted to go to the AC so UND gets an assist.

So do UND coaches tell you about every offer they extend to a recruit?

Was the Woods kid lying when he told the Forum in Saturday's paper that UND coaches visited him and said they would match any offer that NDSU had given him?

Was the Woods kid lying when he told the Forum in Saturday's paper that UND coaches visited him and said they would match any offer that NDSU had given him?

Don't ask me why some kid says what he says.. Coaches don't tend to tell kids they will match any offer from another school. They tend to decide what their needs are then they have kids on a list rated top to bottom and they make an offer based on the team needs and their resources available. You might be surprised who talked to me,and no coahces don't tell me everything about their recruits, but I believe it is accurate to say UND was interested in the kid and were not planning on offering him a full ride so I don't believe they would tell him they would "match any offer". I didn't ask that particular question though. I do believe they would have offered him a partial. Schools also don't tend to make offers before they meet with the kid and or their family. They got the kid at receiver they had rated ahead of Woods and they have a number of receivers on the team they already like. I would also recommend you don't believe everything you read in the paper. Well meaning reporters don't often get the story quite right Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the AC got him for a partial rather than a full ride. So there you go.... the paper reports it one way and quotes a kid, then you find on a UND blog someone was told otherwise and you feel like someone pissed on your cornflakes. Go figure. Better yet go ring the bell for the Salvation Army for an hour and quit wasting time worrying about what goes on at a UND website!

• Upvote 3

Don't ask me why some kid says what he says.. Coaches don't tend to tell kids they will match any offer from another school. They tend to decide what their needs are then they have kids on a list rated top to bottom and they make an offer based on the team needs and their resources available. You might be surprised who talked to me,and no coahces don't tell me everything about their recruits, but I believe it is accurate to say UND was interested in the kid and were not planning on offering him a full ride so I don't believe they would tell him they would "match any offer". I didn't ask that particular question though. I do believe they would have offered him a partial. Schools also don't tend to make offers before they meet with the kid and or their family. They got the kid at receiver they had rated ahead of Woods and they have a number of receivers on the team they already like. I would also recommend you don't believe everything you read in the paper. Well meaning reporters don't often get the story quite right Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the AC got him for a partial rather than a full ride. So there you go.... the paper reports it one way and quotes a kid, then you find on a UND blog someone was told otherwise and you feel like someone pissed on your cornflakes. Go figure. Better yet go ring the bell for the Salvation Army for an hour and quit wasting time worrying about what goes on at a UND website!

Advantage Ira.

I read in the paper one time that Chappy did not ask for a raise, did not ask for Potts to be fired and he did not ask for a new house. Hmm, I wonder how that worked out...

Just wondering if your sources are coaches, athletic directors, administrators, or someone else? Why should everything that comes out of your mouth through your posts be taken as gospel? Why are you more reliable than a newspaper reporter? My guess is you are somewhat more biased than than a reporter. People on this site always talk about Bison fans saying that if a kid signs with UND that NDSU never offered or didn't want him. I don't agree as I know they offered Molberg and he is going to UND (congrats on that get). Now it sounds like you, who appears to know all about UND, seems to think UND can't lose a kid to NDSU.

You could say the same thing about any player. As far as Muss's recruiting I think the all GWC team says it all.

I agree Mussman has done a weak job recruiting and NDSU has won more battles.That's why they are in the national championship game and we're losing to NAIA team and pumped up about winning the Great West of 4 teams. But let's face it. Both teams run completely different offenses and defenses and look for different style players. Woods stock has risen dramatically and the Gophers wanted him to walk on.

Just wondering if your sources are coaches, athletic directors, administrators, or someone else? Why should everything that comes out of your mouth through your posts be taken as gospel? Why are you more reliable than a newspaper reporter? My guess is you are somewhat more biased than than a reporter. People on this site always talk about Bison fans saying that if a kid signs with UND that NDSU never offered or didn't want him. I don't agree as I know they offered Molberg and he is going to UND (congrats on that get). Now it sounds like you, who appears to know all about UND, seems to think UND can't lose a kid to NDSU.

Nobody is more biased than your reporters down there in Fargo. I don't think you want to start that argument.