SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

Dude..whatever!! Seriously..you are annoying!!!

Are you upset that I corrected someone that he hasn't (to our knowledge) been offered a scholarship by Wisconsin? Ease up. If my name was JohnboyUND7 you wouldn't have gotten ticked.

Regardless, good luck to the guy at wisconsin.

Are you upset that I corrected someone that he hasn't (to our knowledge) been offered a scholarship by Wisconsin? Ease up. If my name was JohnboyUND7 you wouldn't have gotten ticked.

Regardless, good luck to the guy at wisconsin.

I'm sure you'll be the first to know when/if that scholarship comes Joe's way.

Don't you have a summer job?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

geaux_sioux, what kind of upside do you see for Fletcher down the road? Losing Hardin and Townsend after this season, we'll have to somewhat reload. Don't mean to compare the two, but his build seems to be similar to Golladay's.

He'll be a really good position receiver like Blair but way more athletic. I've also heard he's strong as hell and a great worker in the weight room. You never know until he's in a game but he will be a good one from what I've seen/know about him.

Losing Hardin is more on the shoulders of Carr. He's faster now than Greg was as a RFR so if he can have the same work ethic and attitude as Greg he could at least partially fill Gregs shoes.

Overall in two years I think our WR corpse will be the best ever. Better than this year for sure. At the same time it will be hard to find someone who is the gamer Hardin is. He's got that Jerry Rice game speed that comes out of nowhere and he just makes plays. The future is very bright with the QB play and the talent at WR.

He'll be a really good position receiver like Blair but way more athletic. I've also heard he's strong as hell and a great worker in the weight room. You never know until he's in a game but he will be a good one from what I've seen/know about him.

Losing Hardin is more on the shoulders of Carr. He's faster now than Greg was as a RFR so if he can have the same work ethic and attitude as Greg he could at least partially fill Gregs shoes.

Overall in two years I think our WR corpse will be the best ever. Better than this year for sure. At the same time it will be hard to find someone who is the gamer Hardin is. He's got that Jerry Rice game speed that comes out of nowhere and he just makes plays. The future is very bright with the QB play and the talent at WR.

Thanks. I agree, many of the skill positions look loaded for some time to come.

• 4 months later...

Wow, just took a look at the 2012 committments in Wiki... Attrition has really hurt this class already going into their Sophomore/3rd year. Out of the 19 HS Seniors to sign NLI's, only 8 remain at this time...

Remaining: Bartles, Mollberg, Varner, Mathewson, Nordby, Carrothers, Labat & Rich.

Gone: Bayer, Fletcher, Golladay, Oliver, Isenberger, Hall, Edwards, Allen, Tuilagi, Cain & Konowalski.

Seems like a good number of the transfers after the Muss firing came from this class with 6. Also, 3 (J. Hanson, B. Larson & D. Coyle) of 6 PWO's from 2012 remain in the program.