SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

Here it is

http://www.mhec.org/MSEPDescription

Please Note: The Illinois Board of Higher Education formally endorsed MSEP in December 2006, but the program did not go into effect until individual Illinois institutions elected to participate. Current MSEP institutions will began offering MSEP rates to all Illinois students admitted under MSEP after August 15, 2011. Campuses in all participating states are not required to "grandfather" in students admitted prior to this date.

• Upvote 1

Mollberg scored 26 against EGF on Saturday, his first game of the season. (EGF has a young team that will give teams trouble if they can hit from the outside). EGF has a 6'7" Soph. who moves his feet pretty well. He isn't playing FB. The odds of him making it playing BB are a lot less than a kid with that size playing FB. He should continue BB but get in the weight room and play FB his last two years. Might be a sioux recruit for 2014. Someone should talk to him and I hope his BB coach encourages him to play FB.

Mollberg scored 26 against EGF on Saturday, his first game of the season. (EGF has a young team that will give teams trouble if they can hit from the outside). EGF has a 6'7" Soph. who moves his feet pretty well. He isn't playing FB. The odds of him making it playing BB are a lot less than a kid with that size playing FB. He should continue BB but get in the weight room and play FB his last two years. Might be a sioux recruit for 2014. Someone should talk to him and I hope his BB coach encourages him to play FB.

Jim Warmack is who you are talking about for EGF. He did play football in middle school, but I don't think he played 9th grade year.

Boy, how do you define "making it"? If I played BB against a guy over 6'5 that wasn't offered a basketball scholarship from somewhere, he's not coming to mind.

This kid is only a Sophmore and I think will have a very good year playing BB. I think he will have a great HS BB career. At 6'7"' with good feet and a big frame he might be a big time FB player. Chad Mustard comes to mind. Very good D2 BB player. Excellent FB player who played 4-5yrs in the NFL and could have played at the D1 level in FB. I would advise this kid not to quit FB. It creates more opportunities for this kid and may open up opportunities that BB doesn't. Not saying anything against the kid, he impressed me as a BB player. I just can't understand how these kids with that kind of upside aren't also playing FB. Could be a potential TE or DE. As a society we have done our kids a big disservice by encouraging one sport atheltes. Recent studies also show "one sport athletes" have a higher incidence of injuries. Partly due to overuse and not giving the kids a break. Anyway, I would like to see the kid back out for FB.

This kid is only a Sophmore and I think will have a very good year playing BB. I think he will have a great HS BB career. At 6'7"' with good feet and a big frame he might be a big time FB player. Chad Mustard comes to mind. Very good D2 BB player. Excellent FB player who played 4-5yrs in the NFL and could have played at the D1 level in FB. I would advise this kid not to quit FB. It creates more opportunities for this kid and may open up opportunities that BB doesn't. Not saying anything against the kid, he impressed me as a BB player. I just can't understand how these kids with that kind of upside aren't also playing FB. Could be a potential TE or DE. As a society we have done our kids a big disservice by encouraging one sport atheltes. Recent studies also show "one sport athletes" have a higher incidence of injuries. Partly due to overuse and not giving the kids a break. Anyway, I would like to see the kid back out for FB.

I agree with you on the one sport specialization. Playing multiple sports always increases overall athleticism. He should go out for FB, but my advice would be, even if he gets a D1 FB offer and a D2 BB offer, if BB is his passion then he should follow that.

I agree with you on the one sport specialization. Playing multiple sports always increases overall athleticism. He should go out for FB, but my advice would be, even if he gets a D1 FB offer and a D2 BB offer, if BB is his passion then he should follow that.

I agree. The Woods kid from Bemidji faces the same decison this year.

I can't remember which kid (I think it was the runningback from Illinois) that mentioned he is coming for a visit this weekend. Should be a good weekend to bring in recruits. I hope we start to see the recruiting news pick up as we'll have a couple recruiting weekends before X-mas and than a full January.

I can't remember which kid (I think it was the runningback from Illinois) that mentioned he is coming for a visit this weekend. Should be a good weekend to bring in recruits. I hope we start to see the recruiting news pick up as we'll have a couple recruiting weekends before X-mas and than a full January.

Anthony Taylor, WR from Montini, is to be visiting this weekend. I am sure there will be others. What is the forecast? I hope the weather doesn't scare anyone away!!!

I believe some of the previously commited recruits were ther for their official visit. Mollberg was there. I think LaBatt was there. Word is UND received commitments over the weekend from " a number" of skill people and a JC nose guard according to a guy who was there.. Don't know names. Sioux have not offered Woods from Bemidji. May mean they got commits from guys they had rated higher but I don't know that for sure, but he hasn't been offered.