SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

Lechler has been added to the "prospect" list as our offering him has not been confirmed. He transferred to Beach from Baker, MT this last year. Although Baker is right next to the ND line (if I remember my geography correctly), that could mean a UM or MSU offer would be attractive to him.

Where is Ira to give us some news?

In New York. Was planning to watch son-in-law play against Giants this weekend but partial paralysis of foot may end his season. If he doesn't play I have tickets for sale and then I plan to hang out with Lady Gaga to see what she thinks about the NCAA screwing over the Sioux. A little more crowded here than GF but still prefer GF. Haven't heard anything new out of UND other than they are excited about their recruiting this year. One nice thing is there are no AC fans here to have to listen to. Did see a UND sweatshirt.

Anyone heard anything about the recruits espn.com says are considering UND.

Player ESPN Ranking Considering

C Austin Farnlof 76 *** UND, Air Force, Northern Arizona, South Dakota State

RB Casey Jahn 73 ** UND, NDSU, Colorado State, Air Force, Northern Arizona

OLB Drake Michaelson 72 ** UND, Towson, UM, Furman, South Dakota, Air Force, Akron, South Dakota State, Wofford, Wyoming

DT Brett Pierce 72 ** UND, NDSU, UM, South Dakota, Wyoming, South Dakota State, Western Michigan

TE Matt Miller 68 ** UND, NDSU

DT Ryan Glasgow 66 * UND, NDSU, South Dakota, Illinois State, Northern Illinois, Wyoming

Anyone heard anything about the recruits espn.com says are considering UND. Player ESPN Ranking Considering

OLB Drake Michaelson 72 ** UND, Towson, UM, Furman, South Dakota, Air Force, Akron, South Dakota State, Wofford, Wyoming

DT Brett Pierce 72 ** UND, NDSU, UM, South Dakota, Wyoming, South Dakota State, Western Michigan

TE Matt Miller 68 ** UND, NDSU also has offer from USD

DT Ryan Glasgow 66 * UND, NDSU, South Dakota, Illinois State, Northern Illinois, Wyoming

See above - as you probably know, the recruits have offers from schools that are underlined. It is my understanding that each of these kids is high on our priority list. I guess that would be confirmed by the number of offers they have.

Edited by UND Fan

Anyone heard anything about the recruits espn.com says are considering UND.

Player ESPN Ranking Considering

TE Matt Miller 68 ** UND, NDSU

I believe that Farnlof may have picked up a Bison offer, and I know he has already visited SDSU. Not sure on plans to visit UND or others. Jahn is visiting UND on Jan 21 (and visiting NAU on Jan14) per scout, and has stated that he will not walk on anywhere and will chose from offers that he has (NAU, UND and NDSU currently). Michaelson and Pierce both have visited Wyoming and I believe are hoping for Minn offers, and I don't believe UND will land either (my opinion based on nothing really, although it would be great if they did land one or both). Don't know any information on the last two. I could be wrong on anything above, just piecing together information from other sources as it has been given.

I believe that Farnlof may have picked up a Bison offer, and I know he has already visited SDSU. Not sure on plans to visit UND or others. Jahn is visiting UND on Jan 21 (and visiting NAU on Jan14) per scout, and has stated that he will not walk on anywhere and will chose from offers that he has (NAU, UND and NDSU currently). Michaelson and Pierce both have visited Wyoming and I believe are hoping for Minn offers, and I don't believe UND will land either (my opinion based on nothing really, although it would be great if they did land one or both). Don't know any information on the last two. I could be wrong on anything above, just piecing together information from other sources as it has been given.

You are correct that SU has offered Farnlof. UNI had offered Pierce at one point but it must have been withdrawn. I agree that it would be a major "get" if we landed either Michaelson or Pierce - not likely to happen!

Pride seems like a logical guess. The Strib article about his transfer said he's been in contact with Indiana St. "and a handful of other FCS schools". He's from the twin cities, and prior to his senior year played at Cretin--with Shea Walker and Joe Kleason--so you'd think UND would make as much or more sense than Indiana St.

EDIT: It sounds like it's somebody other than Pride.

Looks like Indiana State has their FBS QB transfer: http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2012/01/wmu_quarterback_mike_perish_tr.html

Doubt Pride is landing there now.

Looks like Indiana State has their FBS QB transfer: http://www.mlive.com..._perish_tr.html

Doubt Pride is landing there now.

The more I think about it, the more skeptical I am that Pride will be able to find an FCS school willing to give him a scholarship to play quarterback. Many would probably be interested in him as a receiver or athlete, however.