SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

Not really news per se, but rivals is finally showing Taj Rich as a UND commit.

Obviously you can taking rankings with a grain of salt, but it's encouraging that ESPNU has both Mollberg and Rich ranked among the top 20 prospects in Minnesota: http://espn.go.com/c...2012/view/state

Would love to see UND get a committment from Michaelson, Pierce, and Anyanwu.

Do we have a list that shows the kids we have offered and those that have committed?

For those who are relatively new to this board, you can go to Wiki (on this site - see menu at top on home page) and click on 2012 FB Recruiting. You will see the list of kids that we have offered (and who else has offered), those who have committed to us, committed elsewhere and others we are looking at. I certainly am not going to tell you the list is perfect but it is updated whenever we learn anything new. (Courtesy of "UND Fan")

Ill have to contact some relatives in leech lake and see what the story is on woods. He had 1 good game, no reason to go overboard with him.
No, what he did in the dome was what he had been doing all season. The dome game was a bigger stage and caught the attention of people that were late to the party.

Despite the timing of the actual offers, Woods has been recruited all year by the usual suspects.

I'm surprised at the complete lack of info regarding UND recruiting in California this year. At this time last year, scout.com had UND listed for 10 or so kids from Cali.

You make a very good point - one that I had not realized. Even on our list of all kids that UND has shown some level of interest in - there were only three from CA. We offered one who committed to UCLA and the other two were QBs so I am sure we no longer have interest in them.

That is very strange - it almost looks like we abandoned CA for IL! We have the commitment from Bartels plus we have at least five other offers out to IL kids!

You make a very good point - one that I had not realized. Even on our list of all kids that UND has shown some level of interest in - there were only three from CA. We offered one who committed to UCLA and the other two were QBs so I am sure we no longer have interest in them. That is very strange - it almost looks like we abandoned CA for IL! We have the commitment from Bartels plus we have at least five other offers out to IL kids!
I wonder if the recruiting budget money for travel was spent elsewhere?
  • Upvote 1

I don't know but we do have a least six offers out to Arizona prospects.

That was the point I forgot to make--clearly the west is still very much an area of emphasis. My gut feeling is that we will probably still see a few Cali signees, but they will probably be kids who, for whatever reason, weren't listed as UND targets on any of the main recruiting sites.

I wonder if the recruiting budget money for travel was spent elsewhere?

It may "cost" more for coaches to travel and to bring California players for campus visits, but Illinois recruits aren't eligible for tuition reciprocity, so the longer-term scholarship costs are actually greater.

Ill have to contact some relatives in leech lake and see what the story is on woods. He had 1 good game, no reason to go overboard with him.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Kid has been good all year and has great speed and is a great athlete. Played both ways. If I were recruiting him I would tell him what kind of a career Weston Dressler had at UND. He can retrurn punts and kicks and he is very quick. He isn't real tall but has a great verticle.

• Upvote 1

You have no idea what you are talking about. Kid has been good all year and has great speed and is a great athlete. Played both ways. If I were recruiting him I would tell him what kind of a career Weston Dressler had at UND. He can retrurn punts and kicks and he is very quick. He isn't real tall but has a great verticle.

Don't bother with him Ira he's been trolling for a while.

As far as recruiting California the coaches are still there. Getting into the Big Sky and finally being playoff elgible has given UND and the coaches another recruiting pitch for local recruits. Despite what some fans of other schools would like to think UND's recruiting base will remain ND, MN, WI, SD and Iowa. We've gotten back to getting more and more talent out of these states the last couple of year and this year has started no different. Doing this will allow us to be more selective in some of these other states such as CA, Arizona, Texas, NE, and now apparently Illinois. The coaches are still there recruiting and will continue to pull talent from those states when they need to. We just have to get back to getting some of the local talent first.

It may "cost" more for coaches to travel and to bring California players for campus visits, but Illinois recruits aren't eligible for tuition reciprocity, so the longer-term scholarship costs are actually greater.

I was thinking more like they spent it on Arizona or some other western state.

I'm surprised there's no reciprocity with Illinois.

North Dakota has reciprocity with:

Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, and Wisconsin through Midwest Student Exchange Program.

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, South Dakota, Utah, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming through Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education. (The bold are Big Sky Conference states.)

I'm surprised at the complete lack of info regarding UND recruiting in California this year. At this time last year, scout.com had UND listed for 10 or so kids from Cali.

What I am sensing is that they are starting in the midwest, like usual, but have a much better chance at kids now that the transition is over-so they are covering a wider swath locally early on in the process. They can then fill in some gaps come January with skill kids from out west or down south. We should still see a couple Cali kids along with a AZ kid or two at signing day.

I am just wondering what recruiting site is the best. And also I noticed that the schools that have offered a player on ESPN are not in alphabetical order, is there any significance to who is higher on the list?

On ESPN, the offers are listed in order of how the player is graded, with the highest-graded player listed first.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no particular significance or order in terms of how schools are listed for an individual player.

My thoughts as well. As for which recruiting site is the best, I prefer Rivals because you can search specifically for UND and who they have offers out to and who they are interested in (scout doesn't let you search by FCS school, although they do list FCS schools if players have had interest from them, but you need to find them on the players individual page). Although ESPN you can also see which players UND has offers out to, the number of individuals you can find on rivals is much higher. It's all a matter of personal preference.

I'm surprised there's no reciprocity with Illinois.

North Dakota has reciprocity with:

Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, and Wisconsin through Midwest Student Exchange Program.

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, South Dakota, Utah, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming through Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education. (The bold are Big Sky Conference states.)

I have read that Illinois recently joined the Midwest Student Exchange Program (Effective August 2011). I'll see if I can find it documented somewhere.