SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

During a period break of last night's hockey game, I noticed a tall young guy in the Sioux Shop wearing a T shirt referencing the Illinois 6A or 8A football championship. He appeared to be there with his father. After looking at his photo, I think this may have been Ryan Bartels, the Illinois QB recruit. Anyone know if other recruits were in town this weekend? Seems like a good time to bring some prospects through before the dead period.

SFI just tweeted that TE Cole Gardner from Batavia (IL)--a 6A school--visited UND this past weekend.

Anyone else surprised UND is landing players from the heart of MVFC country?

I am not sure if I am surprised. I do see the allure of playing ball out west when you grew up in the heart of the MVFC; the prospect of traveling all over to play would have captivated me at that age.

Just wondering if your sources are coaches, athletic directors, administrators, or someone else? Why should everything that comes out of your mouth through your posts be taken as gospel? Why are you more reliable than a newspaper reporter? My guess is you are somewhat more biased than than a reporter. People on this site always talk about Bison fans saying that if a kid signs with UND that NDSU never offered or didn't want him. I don't agree as I know they offered Molberg and he is going to UND (congrats on that get). Now it sounds like you, who appears to know all about UND, seems to think UND can't lose a kid to NDSU.

UND has lost the DB from Harvey and the WR from Kansas to the AC. I don't believe I have ever said UND can't lose a kid to the AC. I may" think" they "shouldn't" lose a kid with an IQ above 90 to the AC, but I have never said we can't lose a kid. That happens every year and the AC loses kids to UND all of the time. UND got the TE from Harvey and I was told he was recruited by the AC as a preferred walk-on. UND got the Labatt kid from DL. Bohl and staff were looking at him but didn't make an offer. He also didn't wait for an offer, he commited early once UND made their offer. These are similar to Woods not getting an offer from UND, I don't believe either had an offer from the AC. Fans can make those calls any way they wish and say one school got the kid from the other. I have no idea what the AC offers kids. What difference does it make to you and I? We aren't doing the recruiting and at the end of the recruiting we will read the list released by the coaches. Simple as that. Merry Christmas and good luck in Texas.

The Fargo media was talking how impressive it was for NDSU to make it to the championship in their 3rd year of elgibility. Is that right? For some reason I was thinking it was their 4th year. I am sure they are right though. Which year in their elgible years was their 3 and 8 year? It must of been their 1st year of elgibity.

The Fargo media was wondering if NDSU making the championship in their 3rd year was the quickest anyone in FCS had ever made the championship game after moving to FCS. So it was their 4th year that they made it to the game. NDSU was 3 and 8 in their 2nd year after becoming playoff elgible. Hopefully the Sioux can have a better and quicker road to the final.

UND has lost the DB from Harvey and the WR from Kansas to the AC. I don't believe I have ever said UND can't lose a kid to the AC. I may" think" they "shouldn't" lose a kid with an IQ above 90 to the AC, but I have never said we can't lose a kid. That happens every year and the AC loses kids to UND all of the time. UND got the TE from Harvey and I was told he was recruited by the AC as a preferred walk-on. UND got the Labatt kid from DL. Bohl and staff were looking at him but didn't make an offer. He also didn't wait for an offer, he commited early once UND made their offer. These are similar to Woods not getting an offer from UND, I don't believe either had an offer from the AC. Fans can make those calls any way they wish and say one school got the kid from the other. I have no idea what the AC offers kids. What difference does it make to you and I? We aren't doing the recruiting and at the end of the recruiting we will read the list released by the coaches. Simple as that. Merry Christmas and good luck in Texas.

I appreciate your insight. Recruiting CAN BE and ugly game. At the end of the day, we root for the kids who signed the dotted line and chose to represent that school for whichever reason suits them personally.

Here is a Gopherhole article on Wayzata T Ben Lauer. 6'7" 255 lbs, scored a friggen 30 on his ACT. He is completely upfront in this article on offers and would be a nice catch.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/125760?referrer_id=331171

{smart-alec comment here about how it normally takes the combined scores of three NDSU students to get an ACT of 30}

(C'mon, he set it up, of course I had to knock it down. :D )

Incoming Students at NDSU actually have a slightly higher composite ACT score than those going to UND

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/collegeprofiles/p/university-of-north-dakota.htm

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/collegeprofiles/p/north-dakota-state-university.htm

Its stuck behind a paywall, but the short google description of this article says Adam Bungum is going on an official visit to UND, may already have done so. Yet another kid where we are competing with the Service Academies.

http://wisconsin.sco...%2f1133349.html

More info

http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowa/football/recruiting/player-Adam-Bungum-124205

Nobody is more biased than your reporters down there in Fargo. I don't think you want to start that argument.

Can someone tell me the last time a media personality in GF (Sweeney, Nelson, Miller, Schlossman, et al) have said a bad word or questioned anything a UND team or caoch has done? Your hockey coach won't do an interview after a loss and nobody says a thing about it. I can guarantee you Bohl or Phillips would be taken to the woodshed if they did that.

Really? You're getting all worked up about what you, a BISON fan, read on Siouxsports.com? Maybe you could write the Grand Forks Herald a strongly worded note with your complaints. :huh:

Can someone tell me what these Bison fans expect when visiting this message board? Another question... do UND fans go on bisonville.com and ask similar questions as the one in the post above mine? Doesn't make a lot of sense for me to visit a forum/message board of a team I don't like. Especially when there's no longer a rivalry, or so I've been told.

• Upvote 1

Can someone tell me the last time a media personality in GF (Sweeney, Nelson, Miller, Schlossman, et al) have said a bad word or questioned anything a UND team or caoch has done? Your hockey coach won't do an interview after a loss and nobody says a thing about it. I can guarantee you Bohl or Phillips would be taken to the woodshed if they did that.

Tom Miller regularly writes personal columns that are heavily critical of UND, UND fans, UND's AD, UND's admin., UND coaches, UND scheduling, etc. I could give you dates but I can't give you links because you'd have to scrape together $3 a pop to get behind the archive pay wall to read them. Nelson, Sweeney = almost never critical. Schloss is a mixed bag.

So, alas, both town's have their share of homer reporters. Who woulda thunk it? Not necessarily earth shattering breaking news is it?