SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

@THNRyanKennedy: USHL going to seven-minute hybrid OT next year: 4-on-4 for three minutes, then at next whistle, 3-on-3. Shootout after that.

Good progress.  I would have changed it as follows:

USHL going to ten-minute hybrid OT next year: 4-on-4 for five minutes, then at next whistle, 3-on-3. Shootout after that.

I'd also be open to completely removing the shootout.  Although, a 10 minute OT would mean less shootouts for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He went undrafted and most picks stay 3/4 years anyhow unless you're a 1/2nd rounder. Not really shocking that he's expected to to be around for a while just look at his size as he even mentions. 5"9 150. Where's he going to go?

He seems to have very nice skills so glad he chose UND. He will be more than ready after his junior stint however long that is. Keane grew up in a rink. Always a plus!

Will be interesting to see what types of recruiting windows Shaw could possibly tap into. Not that UND needs that much help but never a bad thing!

• Upvote 1

He went undrafted and most picks stay 3/4 years anyhow unless you're a 1/2nd rounder. Not really shocking that he's expected to to be around for a while just look at his size as he even mentions. 5"9 150. Where's he going to go?

He seems to have very nice skills so glad he chose UND. He will be more than ready after his junior stint however long that is. Keane grew up in a rink. Always a plus!

Will be interesting to see what types of recruiting windows Shaw could possibly tap into. Not that UND needs that much help but never a bad thing!

Maybe an Evan Trupp type of player? I'd be thrilled with that.

Amazing you posted that tonight, Sodbuster.   For the first time in forever, I went to youtube tonight and entered "Sioux overtime goals," just to get some midsummer hockey fix.  The Trupp diving OTwinner against Minnie comes up and I'm jacked up for Sioux hockey again.  

Immediately after that, I come here and read that a new recruit is "Maybe an Evan Trupp type player?"    

That'll work. 

That would be awesome, love those smaller shiftier types with skill. Probably could make a all time list with those type players and most of those types were always fan favorites

Since Berry has announced the incoming freshmen class, curious if anybody knows the status of Gabe Bast, Yon, Cakebread and Voltin.  Are any of these held back for 16-17 or just no longer in UND's plans?

Since Berry has announced the incoming freshmen class, curious if anybody knows the status of Gabe Bast, Yon, Cakebread and Voltin.  Are any of these held back for 16-17 or just no longer in UND's plans?

I can tell you one thing for sure and that is Voltin is no longer a committed player, he is not coming to UND

Voltin hasn't been a recruit for a while now and I would think the other guys will all come in next year. Cakebread didn't have a good year at all with Fargo last year and if he has the same type of season this year I could see him never ending up on campus.

Bast is suppose to come in next year.

Voltin hasn't been a recruit for a while now and I would think the other guys will all come in next year. Cakebread didn't have a good year at all with Fargo last year and if he has the same type of season this year I could see him never ending up on campus.

Cakebread has really struggled for two full seasons in the USHL.  I really hope something clicks for him this year, or I don't figure there's much hope we'll see him in a UND uniform.