SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Pretty sure Tomek is coming to UND regardless of what Zane does. At least that is what I have read.

I have heard the same.  But Fargo also drafted Rhett Gardner so one has to wonder why they would draft them.  I would bet that Fargo believes there is a small chance that Tomek would play for them next year if Zane stays.  Believe me, these teams have closer contacts than many on this forum.

I have heard the same.  But Fargo also drafted Rhett Gardner so one has to wonder why they would draft them.  I would bet that Fargo believes there is a small chance that Tomek would play for them next year if Zane stays.  Believe me, these teams have closer contacts than many on this forum.

makes sense. I don't know how many rounds are in this draft, but I assume round 9 is about the end. Probably a low risk high reward kind of pick.

• Upvote 2

What is interesting is that there is talk that Cary Eades may become head coach/GM of Fargo.  Wouldn't think he would have a great relationship with our current coaching staff, but who knows, perhaps you have to let bygones be bygones in order to survive in hockey.  Burning bridges can't be good in any business situation. 

makes sense. I don't know how many rounds are in this draft, but I assume round 9 is about the end. Probably a low risk high reward kind of pick.

That's what I was thinking. So I'm putting more stock into Evers and Gardner not being in next year.

In this phase there were 13 full rounds before some teams started passing on their picks but a few teams are actually still drafting in the 22nd round right now.

What is interesting is that there is talk that Cary Eades may become head coach/GM of Fargo.  Wouldn't think he would have a great relationship with our current coaching staff, but who knows, perhaps you have to let bygones be bygones in order to survive in hockey.  Burning bridges can't be good in any business situation. 

I doubt the bridges are burned. Everything I've ever heard about Eades being let go was positive and that he and Hak are still close.

• Upvote 1

Evers isn't coming in this year because JSchmaltz wants to play another year with his brother.

Gardner isn't coming in this year because Matthews spoke to the coaches and is UND-bound.

:)

Wouldn't that cause everyone's collective head o explode if it were true.

What is interesting is that there is talk that Cary Eades may become head coach/GM of Fargo. Wouldn't think he would have a great relationship with our current coaching staff, but who knows, perhaps you have to let bygones be bygones in order to survive in hockey. Burning bridges can't be good in any business situation.

Why do you think the coaches had anything to do with Cary leaving? Cary is the reason Cary left, they are still friends according to what I seen. Seen them at an EGF hockey game together last season...?

Evers isn't coming in this year because JSchmaltz wants to play another year with his brother.

Gardner isn't coming in this year because Matthews spoke to the coaches and is UND-bound.

:)

And best of all, SPARKY is exercising the Slovakian Exception and returning for another year.

• Upvote 1

Why do you think the coaches had anything to do with Cary leaving? Cary is the reason Cary left, they are still friends according to what I seen. Seen them at an EGF hockey game together last season...?

So he wasn't let go to move in a different direction with Brad Berry?

Lol, there are pages of this discussion on here, all you have to do is read ;)

Pages of discussion that never get around to what he actually did. Based on what has been said and gfhockey's latest post, I'm left assuming he was "having issues with his marriage."

Assume you're referring to Luke Bast who got drafted by Victoria in the 6th round... vs. Gabe Bast who's a UND commit?

Gabe was drafted by Victoria.

joRUe0Kh_normal.jpeg Jeff McCarthy @McCarthyOTB  ·  2h 2 hours ago

Victoria takes 96 D Gabe Bast from the Penticton Vees, Royals took his brother earlier in the draft, a University Of North Dakota commit.