SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Sounds like Dixon Bowen and Colton Poolman will be playing for Penticton next year. I still think Cakebread should go up there and play too, but maybe Cakebread has a breakout season next year with a new coach in Fargo.

P092Ihst_normal.jpeg Brad E. Schlossman @SchlossmanGF  ·  9m 9 minutes ago

Source says UND recruits and EGFers Dixon Bowen and Colton Poolman have committed to play in Penticton next year. Fargo had USHL rights.

Sounds like Dixon Bowen and Colton Poolman will be playing for Penticton next year. I still think Cakebread should go up there and play too, but maybe Cakebread has a breakout season next year with a new coach in Fargo.

P092Ihst_normal.jpeg Brad E. Schlossman @SchlossmanGF  ·  9m 9 minutes ago

Source says UND recruits and EGFers Dixon Bowen and Colton Poolman have committed to play in Penticton next year. Fargo had USHL rights.

Interesting....is Fargo that big of a mess?  The BCHL is a good league but definitely not as deep as the USHL.  With a new coach coming to Fargo I would have thought they may stick around.

Interesting....is Fargo that big of a mess?  The BCHL is a good league but definitely not as deep as the USHL.  With a new coach coming to Fargo I would have thought they may stick around.

I think that's the problem - new coach coming.  But who and when?  I like to think I have good sources on this, but we're all hanging in the wind right now.  The Eades stuff could well be true, as they're still playing (up 2-0 with game 3 Friday in a best of 5), or else maybe that was the plan until Sioux Falls got this far, and now The Force are screwed?  I was hoping to see Hrkac here, since he was an assistant in Madison last season, and might want to move up.

You fail to see the bigger picture.  Poolman and Bowen were sent by Hakstol to reel in Jost and Fabbro, and make sure Bast doesn't go to Major Junior.  :)

So should we be worried about anyone like Boeser or others with Hak gone?

Probably depends on who the replacement is. If Berry or Jackson are hired or at the very least kept as assistants I don't think we would lose a whole lot.

At the end of the day, you get the BEST candidate that applies for the position. If it's one of those guys, so be it. What shouldn't be done is hire one of them just because you're afraid of losing recruits. Retaining them as assistants should go a long ways to keep finicky recruits and their parents from jumping off ledges, though that shouldn't be a requirement either. That said, the new coach should have the ability to hire his assistants. These guys are still committed recruits and the new coach's job will be to make sure they remain as such.

At the end of the day, you get the BEST candidate that applies for the position. If it's one of those guys, so be it. What shouldn't be done is hire one of them just because you're afraid of losing recruits. Retaining them as assistants should go a long ways to keep finicky recruits and their parents from jumping off ledges, though that shouldn't be a requirement either. That said, the new coach should have the ability to hire his assistants. These guys are still committed recruits and the new coach's job will be to make sure they remain as such.

My guess is whomever we get will be a solid coach with history and reputation. That alone should keep players here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks to be #00 after a tweet from the designer

@MarcusPowerHPCD: @SiouxTradition @azsioux I am guessing he is 00. No reason was given for the number but I think thats going to be his jersey no.

Looks to be #00 after a tweet from the designer

@MarcusPowerHPCD: @SiouxTradition @azsioux I am guessing he is 00. No reason was given for the number but I think thats going to be his jersey no.

I find that hard to believe. I do think that his number will go where the 00 is.