SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Fabbro....  Of course there is a good chance that  UND gets him.   I don't think there is any rush for him to make a decision.   He's going to get whined and dined, but in the end, its really UND and Denver.   Jost and Fabbro are incredibly close and that has to be a factor.   More than that, there is a new, strong affiliation between UND and Pentican.   I'm sure it was no coincidence that Bowen and Poolman committed to Pentican right after UND offered Colton his scholarship.  Consider this, UND just sent two of its prized recruits to spend their last year in the Juniors to play for Pentican.  Penitcan now has 4 players committed to UND, and a strong chance at a 5th.   Even more there are at least two younger players on the Vees who UND has openly shown interest in.   This is clearly a win/win situation for both programs.   The Vee's can take 6 import players from the US.   Suddenly the Vee's get some of the top US juniors and UND gets top minor experience for players without concern where they get drafted in the USHL.   UND also gets the keys to some of the best Canadian recruits.   Sounds like a real win/win to me.

ted2you,

psssst......from the Forum Guidelines:

http://forum.siouxsports.com/guidelines/

Selectively quote copyrighted material within "fair use" guidelines. Also be sure to cite, and link if possible, the original source. Reward other sites for their quality material by sending them traffic (as opposed to stealing and reproducing their content).

Edited by dagies

The "quote" was a good indicator... :p

That's actually happened to me before.  I went to quote someone else and somehow my message was the only text within the quote.  I guess I am curious when simply forwarding someone else's quote (without even responding or adding text) is a big deal.  I'm obviously missing someone here, also really bored at work today.  Just curious that's all.  It doesn't look like it's from a published article.

Edited by scpa0305

Please explain to me what violation I made?  Everything I wrote was original and my thoughts.  It was not a reproduction in any way.  So, I'm not sure what Quote's you referred to but if I did violate rules I would be happy to have that pointed out to prevent future violations.  While I've followed this post for years I have only rarely posted.  I see the quote and that was inadvertent.   Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by ted2you
clarification of earlier post

Please explain to me what violation I made?  Everything I wrote was original and my thoughts.  It was not a reproduction in any way.  So, I'm not sure what Quote's you referred to but if I did violate rules I would be happy to have that pointed out to prevent future violations.  While I've followed this post for years I have only rarely posted.  I see the quote and that was inadvertent.   Sorry for the confusion.

There's a quote box around your last comment. So, it looks like you quoted something from another post and didn't attribute it.

ted2you, it's only because you used the quote box.  It appeared that you were quoting someone else's material without including a link to the original source.  Not the first time that's happened, nor will it be the last, but if doing that, then one should provide the link to the source material.

In the future, just eliminate use of the quote box and we'll all understand that what you are writing is your own.

Watched the Force vs. Austria Red Bulls on Friday night.  Largely a forgettable game (pre-season, huuuuuge roster, etc), but Cakebread had the eventual game winner with a nice move on a semi-break.  Force won 4-2.   

Very few returning players this year, and several of them didn't suit up.  Lots of NAHL guys on the ice, so maybe we'll find a commit or two for the 2017-18 season?

Watched the Force vs. Austria Red Bulls on Friday night.  Largely a forgettable game (pre-season, huuuuuge roster, etc), but Cakebread had the eventual game winner with a nice move on a semi-break.  Force won 4-2.   

Very few returning players this year, and several of them didn't suit up.  Lots of NAHL guys on the ice, so maybe we'll find a commit or two for the 2017-18 season?

I didn't realize they started this soon.

Force roster was posted today, minus Cakebread. Friday the Force host Sioux recruit Jackson Keane and the Sioux City Musketeers. Also on the Sioux City roster to watch is the 16 year old Finnish prospect Tolvanen.

Could he still play with the Kelowna Rockets, the WHL team that drafted him?

Top USA prospects game tonight NHL network 7est

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2015/9/24/9375473/2015-ccm-usa-hockey-all-american-prospects-game-preview-roster-tv-schedule-buffalo-nhl-network

#20 Mitchell MattsonLeft Center, Grand Rapids, Minn., Bloomington Thunder (USHL) - He took a little while to adjust at Select 17s, but he's a big center who skates well. His foot speed could improve. He doesn't lose many battles and has a good reach.

Jost with 2 goals so far tonight 

@PentictonVees:  JOST! @josty_17 chips another one in and it's 2-0 #Vees in the 2nd! Assist to @Scott_Conway9.

anyone know about this Conway? He's tearing it up early in the season 

yeah, one of the better players for Penn state last year.

I happened across the mother of a new Force player recently. (The HoneyBaked jacket gave her away.) She said her son had been on a line with Cakebread during camp and was pretty surprised Cakebread was cut loose. She said her son figured it was part of a "new sheriff in town" movement.