SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Hammy from GPL is saying that it was the turmoil amongst the staff/team that cost UMN in landing Boeser.

His twitter is humorous.  :)

He's a Mr Know it All. I like when Schloss totally took him to task on GPL the summer before.  

A finisher--something the Sioux need.  Does getting Boeser jack up our chances of getting any other top recruits?

btw:  the stereotype really is true.   From gpl:

As for boeser being a big loss- UND fans will probably take this as sour grapes but I've thought since I heard the gophers were recruiting boeser that, although he is a great player, recruiting another top 6 forward isn't what this team needs. Then again, it's what the gopher coaching staff always seems to think is the solution

meh, we didn't really want him.   :)

A finisher--something the Sioux need. Does getting Boeser jack up our chances of getting any other top recruits?

btw: the stereotype really is true. From gpl:

As for boeser being a big loss- UND fans will probably take this as sour grapes but I've thought since I heard the gophers were recruiting boeser that, although he is a great player, recruiting another top 6 forward isn't what this team needs. Then again, it's what the gopher coaching staff always seems to think is the solution

meh, we didn't really want him. :)

A finisher--something the Sioux need.  Does getting Boeser jack up our chances of getting any other top recruits?

btw:  the stereotype really is true.   From gpl:

meh, we didn't really want him.   :)

I would agree with that assessment. It seems like the Gophers always seem to have 12-13 out of 15 forwards who do not do well if they aren't in a top 6 role. A couple years ago they did pick up some grittier forwards but they are usually short in this aspect.

Happy to say I was wrong! I had a feeling the longer he held out and didn't follow his linemates to Minny there was a chance he commits here and sure enough it happened. I know Hak and the staff put a ton of time into recruiting him and getting him here. A big recruiting win for the staff!

It's great news. 

Regarding blue chippers and the makeup of teams, I recall the last two games last season, when all of UND's goals were scored by Pattyn and Gaarder (2), guys not heavily tracked by the legion of internet scouts.  You just never know what a team is eventually going to look like.  With that noted, high end talent is a welcome part of a well-rounded team.

To supplement an earlier comment I made in this forum, I love that we have proven finishers coming in next season to pair with our swift d-corps and our elite playmaking forward Schmaltz. What's even more promising is that Wilkie, Gersich and Boeser are routinely lighting the lamp in the USHL and they are 18, 18, and 17 years old, respectively. Still lots of promising development potential ahead for this trio.