SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Saturday

Chris Wilkie gets the game winner in over time verus Waterloo.  Had 4 SOG

Hayden Shaw had 2 SOG in the loss.

Zach Yon stays off the point sheet in the one goal loss. Cakebread doesn't play.

Shane Gersich stays off the point sheet getting 2 SOG in the win.

Joel Janatuinen stays off the point sheet in the win for Sioux City.

Matej Tomek had the night off Saturday.

Christian Evers stayed off the point sheet in a win over Finland.

Gabe Bast had an assist for Penticton.

Rhett Gardner had 2 goals and an assist in the win over Whitecourt.

Matt Kierstad had 3 assists and Elk River won 15 to 3 over Irondale.

Mark Senden stayed off the point sheet in the loss.  He had 4 SOG.

Sunday

Chris Wilkie stayed off the point sheet with 2 SOG.

Hayden Shaw had an assist and had 4 SOG.

Andrew Peski stayed off the point sheet.

Christian Evers stayed off the point sheet in the win over the Czech's

Thanks! These updates are nice to count on!

May I ask what a tentative list would be of the freshman next year?

If no one leaves (7 spots 2 Defenseman 5 forwards):

Matej Tomek, G

Dayns Chartrand, D

Christian Wolanin, D

Chris Wilkie, F

Shane Gersich, F

Rhett Gardner, F

Joel Janatuinen, F

Next in line or maybe in place of one or two would be Gabe Bast, Hayden Shaw, and Zach Yon. This is as of current commits.

If this happens it would leave us with 4 goalies, 8 defenseman, and 14 Forwards.  

If no one leaves (7 spots 2 Defenseman 5 forwards):

Matej Tomek, G

Dayns Chartrand, D

Christian Wolanin, D

Chris Wilkie, F

Shane Gersich, F

Rhett Gardner, F

Joel Janatuinen, F

Next in line or maybe in place of one or two would be Gabe Bast, Hayden Shaw, and Zach Yon. This is as of current commits.

If this happens it would leave us with 4 goalies, 8 defenseman, and 14 Forwards.  

I believe Evers mentioned that he would be coming in next year when the U.S. team played the exhibition game in GF but not sure if that is dependent on people leaving or he will come no matter what. I would anticipate another forward being added to the list to get to 15 and right now the only option would be Yon. It could end up being Boeser but if we don't land him I wouldn't be surprised if we add another forward for next year so Yon can play another year in the USHL.

I believe Evers mentioned that he would be coming in next year when the U.S. team played the exhibition game in GF but not sure if that is dependent on people leaving or he will come no matter what. I would anticipate another forward being added to the list to get to 15 and right now the only option would be Yon. It could end up being Boeser but if we don't land him I wouldn't be surprised if we add another forward for next year so Yon can play another year in the USHL.

Yea I don't see Yon coming in. I would also like to see Evers have a chance to go somewhere and maybe develop an offensive upside. Actually just looked and saw he is probably on pace for Gage Ausmus type numbers. If Jordan does stay and its Evers and Chartrand would bring in 2 stay at home defenseman. Chartrand probably equals to a Panzarella.

Any of the sioux prospects besides bowen at EGF have a solid shot at making the MN state tourney?

Kierstad at Elk River should make it out of section 7AA as they are the heavy favorites possibly beating Mattson and Grand Rapids in the final.

Looks like Snake beat me to it.

Any of the sioux prospects besides bowen at EGF have a solid shot at making the MN state tourney?

Aside from the other players already mentioned our only other current commit that is a MN high school player is Mark Senden from Wayzata. Wayzata has struggled a little bit record wise only at 11-11-2 right now but they do have a lot of talent. They also play in 6AA which might be the toughest section in Minnesota and while Eden Prairie is the favorite this year I really wouldn't be all that surprised to see any of EP, Benilde, Wayzata, Minnetonka, or Holy Family win it.

Holy crap.

Really did not expect that.  I completely thought he was UMN-bound.

Crazy.

Huge, huge....huge pickup for Hakstol and Co.

With how much we lose up front next season, picking up this caliber of goal scorer is perfect.

"Boeser from Schmaltz, GOAL!"  Get ready.  :)

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits