SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I believe Nelson played on the 4th line his Freshman year.  Then of course, we had the 2010-2011 team that year which was stacked from top to bottom.

I could be wrong but I think he played on the third line with Kristo. Either way that team was so stacked and the only guys taken in the first two rounds were Nelson and Forbort, if I'm not mistaken. Was Kristo taken in the second round?

Forget your 1st rounders, I'll take as many 36g-24a(Frattin) and 60% faceoff percentage(Knight) guys on our team as we can get! :)

Don't get me wrong.....I like those guys.  I was just thinking back to the early to mid 2000's when we used to get multiple 1st rounders almost every year.  Again, I was mostly joking just thinking back to those days. Please don't get too worked up (siouxnami). 

Same outcome on the season's though huh? :)

I think we have 3 defensemen that will see time in the NHL on our current team. Time will tell on that, but I wouldn't trade our defensemen for any other teams as a unit.

Couldn't agree more about the defense - however last year I felt like some high end talent up front could have put us over the hump and I think the same about this year's squad.  We could really use another Oshie, Toews, or Parise.  Not sure if this is a change in philosophy after the past couple of championships or what.

An article on Matej Tomek from Slovakprospects.com

http://www.microsoft...oziciu-jednotky

irfVTJW1_normal.jpeg Jakub Homoľa @Jakub_Homola  ·  Jan 14

Goalie Matej Tomek for @SlovakProspects: "It's even bigger challenge to be part of #UND, seeing its history and NHL alumni." #NCAA @tomco_42

Tomek: "Nobody guarantees you the spot of starting goaltender in team, but my intention in #UND definitely is to fight for this spot." #NCAA

Tomek: "Education has been very important for me and my parents. It can provide me better starting position when my career is over." #UND

• Upvote 1

A couple of UND commits played each other last night in the Fargo v Muskegon. Both Yon and Wolanin both got goals on 2 shots. Cakebread stays off the point sheet.

Hayden Shaw stay off the point sheet as Waterloo wins big over Chicago. +2 with 2 SOG

Gersich v Wilkie also with Shane stayin off the point sheet, 5 SOG and Chris with a goal on 3 shots.

Matej Tomek stops 25 of 25 in the win for Topeka.

Rhett Gardner stayed off the point sheet in the 1 goal loss.

Pretty sure Jackson Keane is expected on campus this weekend.

Andrew Peski is kept off the point sheet in the 7-4 loss.

Mattson v Senden and Mattson gets the line goal on 2 shots. Senden gets 3 shots on goal.

On Thursday Kierstad had 2 assists and 2 PIMs.

Bowen vs red river had 3 assists in the win.

Dayns Chartrand gets 3 assists in a big win for Flin Flon

Gersich should come in well rounded after playing a checking like in Michigan last season. Now seems to be opening up the scoring very nicely! Anyone see him play this year? Brotens nephew seems to have nice all around game!

21 goals with that hatty last week

Am I reading this correct?  He is on the JV Team? 

http://www.adhshl.com/roster_players/5703468

I noticed it too, that school doesn't have a Varsity team. The school that stands out is Santa Margarita in Varsity Division 1, that is where the Selanne's played. Well Eemil Selanne still plays there while his younger brother Eetu plays for the Junior Kings.

Edit: Leevi Selanne plays on the Santa Margarita's JV team.

I noticed it too, that school doesn't have a Varsity team. The school that stands out is Santa Margarita in Varsity Division 1, that is where the Selanne's played. Well Eemil Selanne still plays there while his younger brother Eetu plays for the Junior Kings.

Edit: Leevi Selanne plays on the Santa Margarita's JV team.

I'm thinking that Teemu Selanne played with Winnipeg when Brad Berry did, or at the very least they know each other.

Over the boards write up on him.

38. 98 F Collin Adams – Honeybaked U16 (MI) – 5’10 – 175

Adams, the HPHL’s leading scorer, is playing with a ton of confidence and brings a lot to the table. An effective, hard-to-play-against forechecker with good feet and a nice top speed. Adjusts his routes with efficiency and always seems to be doing good things to advance the offense and prolong the assault, finishing his chances at times and creating something out of nothing as well. Has stepped up as the key offensive cog for Honeybaked with the absence of Michael Pastujov (Michigan) to injury up front.