SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I'm going to the Force game tonight. Is Cakebread even playing? I think Yon is, right? As far as Sioux Falls goes, I'll keep an eye on number 53 (not going to attempt to spell his last name).

Both Cakebread and Yon playing.  Oh, and it's "Frozen" night.  Expect lots of young girls fawning over people dressed up as the characters from the movie.

We are still deciding between the Force game and heading to GF for the women vs. goofs.

I'm going to the Force game tonight. Is Cakebread even playing? I think Yon is, right? As far as Sioux Falls goes, I'll keep an eye on number 53 (not going to attempt to spell his last name).

I am guessing you are referring to Joel Janatuinen as #53? He plays for Sioux City not Sioux Falls.

Edit: But it does look like you will see him as the Force are playing Sioux City.

Christian Wolanin stays off the point sheet with 1 SOG.

Hayden Shaw stays off the point sheet with 5 SOG in the win.

Chris Wilkie stays off the point sheet with 9 SOG.

Joel Janatuinen gets a goal witht 2 SOG in the win over Fargo.

Christian Cakebread stays off the point sheet in the loss.

Zach Yon also stayed off the point sheet with 1 SOG.

Shane Gersich continued the trend with no points getting 4 SOG.

Matej Tomek stops 26 of 27 in the loss as his offense doesn't help him out.

Gabe Bast stays off the pointsheet with 4 PIMS.

Rhett Gardner gets 2 assists in the win for Okotoks.

Danys Chartrand stays off the point sheet in the win for Flin Flon.

Christian Evers stays off the point sheet for the U18's in a loss to Russia.

Andrew Peski stays off the point sheet in the win for Brockville.

Dixon Bowen didn't play for EGF tonight. 

Last night (Thursday) Matt Kiersted gets 3 assists in the win for Elk River.

Christian Wolanin stays off the point sheet with 1 SOG.

Hayden Shaw stays off the point sheet with 5 SOG in the win.

Chris Wilkie stays off the point sheet with 9 SOG.

Joel Janatuinen gets a goal witht 2 SOG in the win over Fargo.

Christian Cakebread stays off the point sheet in the loss.

Zach Yon also stayed off the point sheet with 1 SOG.

Shane Gersich continued the trend with no points getting 4 SOG.

Matej Tomek stops 26 of 27 in the loss as his offense doesn't help him out.

Gabe Bast stays off the pointsheet with 4 PIMS.

Rhett Gardner gets 2 assists in the win for Okotoks.

Danys Chartrand stays off the point sheet in the win for Flin Flon.

Christian Evers stays off the point sheet for the U18's in a loss to Russia.

Andrew Peski stays off the point sheet in the win for Brockville.

Dixon Bowen didn't play for EGF tonight. 

Last night (Thursday) Matt Kiersted gets 3 assists in the win for Elk River.

Gabe Bast scored the game winner.

Both Cakebread and Yon playing.  Oh, and it's "Frozen" night.  Expect lots of young girls fawning over people dressed up as the characters from the movie.

We are still deciding between the Force game and heading to GF for the women vs. goofs.

was at the force game tonight...Yawn.....Goodnight

Agreed their numbers are bad....even on their own team. I big turnaround would be needed by each of they ever would come to campus

I'm not too worried about Yon from what I have heard he has been solid and I expect him to be more of a 3rd/4th line guy for us that can score his numbers are alright 37GP 10G 7A even. I'm more worried about Cakebread and not sure what has happened to him but the reports I've heard on him this year have been that he has struggled all year and his numbers are also pretty weak 32GP 3G 1A -10.

People should realize by now that the UND staff is communicating with these recruits on a regular basis. The dialog is there to let these guys know what they need to work on to fulfill the envisioned role the coaches see for them at North Dakota. That can mean a number of things, and isn't necessarily stats driven. If the player isn't progressing as expected, or isn't willing to make the necessary adjustments, that's where we (or more likely the coaching staff) can "worry". UND hasn't recruited the stats sheet ever as far as I can tell.

I'm not too worried about Yon from what I have heard he has been solid and I expect him to be more of a 3rd/4th line guy for us that can score his numbers are alright 37GP 10G 7A even. I'm more worried about Cakebread and not sure what has happened to him but the reports I've heard on him this year have been that he has struggled all year and his numbers are also pretty weak 32GP 3G 1A -10.

Yons numbers are not alright, especially given his age.

Yons numbers are not alright, especially given his age.

Disagree he is 5th on his team in points and 3rd in goals scored in his first year in the USHL on a team that isn't all that offensively focused. Also his stats are not all that matters there have been players with great USHL numbers never contribute at all in college and guys that didn't have great stats in the USHL be real good college hockey players. I'll trust the reports from people who have season tickets in Fargo that Yon has been pretty solid and one of their better players. 

I think this is similar to the football scenario where fans are concerned who else recruited this guy and how many stars does he have next to his name. Fans look at all that crap and get consumed by it. I like Bubba's answer to that by saying they know what they are looking for and the roles they will play and don't care what others think about them.

Did you like Chyzyk last year with the Sioux? If you looked at his numbers, he didn't stand out, but you could tell he added something to the lineup.

Towards the end of the year I did. What did chyzk do in the ushl? That's what we are talking about, if yon isn't producing well for a junior team I somewhat think he would struggle here, especially as some think he's coming in next year. I'm not trying to knock this kid but I defintely think he needs to play one more year of juniors. Not trying to be a negative nelly.

Towards the end of the year I did. What did chyzk do in the ushl? That's what we are talking about, if yon isn't producing well for a junior team I somewhat think he would struggle here, especially as some think he's coming in next year. I'm not trying to knock this kid but I defintely think he needs to play one more year of juniors. Not trying to be a negative nelly.

That's what my point is. Even with his numbers in the USHL, I think he could still put up the numbers here that many freshmen do, including Chyzyk's 3 points his first year. I am confident the coaches will do the right thing for him and the team, and it won't be based on numbers, it will be on actually watching his performance at that level. I'm sure they would love to have him stay another year like Wilkie and Gersich, but that doesn't always work out. If Boeser comes it may be a no brainer, but who knows if they will get one of the higher end guys they would love to add to that class.

Saturday

Chris Wilkie gets the game winner in over time verus Waterloo.  Had 4 SOG

Hayden Shaw had 2 SOG in the loss.

Zach Yon stays off the point sheet in the one goal loss. Cakebread doesn't play.

Shane Gersich stays off the point sheet getting 2 SOG in the win.

Joel Janatuinen stays off the point sheet in the win for Sioux City.

Matej Tomek had the night off Saturday.

Christian Evers stayed off the point sheet in a win over Finland.

Gabe Bast had an assist for Penticton.

Rhett Gardner had 2 goals and an assist in the win over Whitecourt.

Matt Kierstad had 3 assists and Elk River won 15 to 3 over Irondale.

Mark Senden stayed off the point sheet in the loss.  He had 4 SOG.

Sunday

Chris Wilkie stayed off the point sheet with 2 SOG.

Hayden Shaw had an assist and had 4 SOG.

Andrew Peski stayed off the point sheet.

Christian Evers stayed off the point sheet in the win over the Czech's

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits