SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

7 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

There was anticipation that Stecher had to go to Utica since he wouldn't have to clear waivers to get there. Canucks lost a D that way last year that made the Blackhawks roster this year. Couldn't let that happen again. He will be first call up and will get lots of ice in the A.

Dane Jackson alluded to that being the case at The Booster meeting in Fargo. Indicated that LaDue situation was similar.

Kings sent LaDue to the Ontario Reign.

Coltyn Sanderson released by Orlando Solar Bears (ECHL).

And the Brits have a way with words: " The Braehead Clan have parted company with Jeff Ulmer with immediate effect. We would like to wish Jeff and his family all the very best for the future"

4 hours ago, ClassB said:

Should be stated (though late), that Schmaltz got his first big league Gino.

What does Utica or the Ontario Reign mean for Stech and LaDue? are they AHL affiliates?

It means that they didn't have to pass through waivers. Yes, they are both AHL affiliates

16 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Zane returned to AHL after backing up 1 game in the NHL.....debut will have to wait.  Bruins called up Subban instead, who seems to be struggling mightily......... strange.

McIntyre recalled due to Anton Khudobin's injury at practice today. From what I can tell this means that Subban and McIntyre will be the 2 active goalies for the B's tonight vs the Wild (unless something changes with Rask's status).

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Subban is getting the start, which is a good. It means I can cheer for the Wild to completely shell the Bruins. Subban can get pulled, and McIntyre can play a really solid 3rd period. :)

I'll wear my Wild sweater until Zane gets in, then switch to my Bruins.  Zane can pitch a shutout, since Subban will have given up 4 :)

• Upvote 1

Saw somewhere that subban has made 3 starts in AHL this year and been pulled in each of them. 

Zane leading the HAL in save percentage.  It's odd but with the Bruins having Back to backs....Zane hopefully gets the start tomorrow vs Rangers.

Plus minutes tonight after the wild pummel the crap out of subban.

Plus 2morrows game is on NBCSN so hopefully see that one too.