SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

On 11/7/2016 at 11:51 AM, scpa0305 said:

Is K Thompson really playing in the E?  I think I saw that on Twitter.  So confused why he left early.

Elite Prospects has KT as transferred to Utah Grizzlies San Diego Gulls (AHL) on 11/7. In 4 games with Utah Grizzlies San Diego Gulls he was 0-0-0 and -7.

Also from Elite Prospects:

Dillon Simpson is back up with the Oilers.

Conner Gaarder  transferred from Orlando Solar Bears (ECHL) to Lausitzer Fuche (DEL2).

Edited by Fader
I got confused. :)

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Elite Prospects has KT as transferred to Utah Grizzlies (AHL) on 11/7. In 4 games with San Diego Gulls he was 0-0-0 and -7.

Also from Elite Prospects:

Dillon Simpson is back up with the Oilers.

Conner Gaarder  transferred from Orlando Solar Bears (ECHL) to Lausitzer Fuche (DEL2).

Grizzlies are ECHL, Gulls are AHL.

I'm going to an ECHL game (Idaho Steelheads) with Sanderson playing on Friday. Do we have any alum on the Adirondack Thunder?

23 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Grizzlies are ECHL, Gulls are AHL.

I'm going to an ECHL game (Idaho Steelheads) with Sanderson playing on Friday. Do we have any alum on the Adirondack Thunder?

Sorry,  had the teams mixed up in the post,  corrected now.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, keikla said:

To be fair, Dell left early and went to the E; now he's starting in the NHL.

Dell is getting starts.....as a back up.  Either way great for him.  Dell is an interesting case.  He was pretty much forced out with Zane and Saunders coming in.  After starting for two years he wasn't promised anything for his senior year. He panicked, left, and didn't even get an ahl deal.  Didn't he start in the (now defunct) central league prior to playing in E.  Which makes his rise all the more interesting.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, keikla said:

That's right, he did.  I forgot about the CHL.  Literally worked every single level in order to make it to the top.  Considering how few play goalie compared to other positions, I consider being the primary 'back-up' goalie in the NHL as having made it.

Oh definitely. His story is the outlier though.

32 minutes ago, keikla said:

Seeing how many guys jumped straight from our line-up to the NHL, it's no wonder we won the national championship.

...and I might add why there is a big learning curve for this team to make in all aspects.

• Upvote 2