SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

8 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Midway through the third period, Stecher leads the Canucks in ice time.  Nice.

Stech was a -1 on the night but not surprising with all the ice time he logged and the fact the Canucks got shutout.

9 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Midway through the third period, Stecher leads the Canucks in ice time.  Nice.

He got caught during the first OTT goal. The NHL Tonight studio guys were kind of rough on him claiming he was out of position. He deserved some of the blame*, but VAN gave up puck possession and made a terrible change. That was his "-1" on the night. 

https://www.nhl.com/video/dzingel-scores-on-rebound/t-282916132/c-45664403

*They say Troy should've come across but I believe if he would have he'd have bumped into Edler and screened the goalie even worse. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

He got caught during the first OTT goal. The NHL Tonight studio guys were kind of rough on him claiming he was out of position. He deserved some of the blame*, but VAN gave up puck possession and made a terrible change. That was his "-1" on the night. 

https://www.nhl.com/video/dzingel-scores-on-rebound/t-282916132/c-45664403

*They say Troy should've come across but I believe if he would have he'd have bumped into Edler and screened the goalie even worse. 

The announcers that were doing the game put the blame on the bad line change as well. 

1 minute ago, Siouxper187 said:

Have to think we will see Zane start tonight vs Rangers

This...^^^

Subban was brutal last night...............................but then again he was up against the Wild snipers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Don't play dumb. It's not even on the same planet in terms of accomplishment. I'm as UND as it gets but GMAFB.

Dumb? I understand a QB in the NFL is about as big of a position as you can get! But, isnt  a NHL goalie comparable? Doesn't Toews and Parise make comparable money to Tom Brady, Aaron Roger's?

Believe me i understand what you are saying, but in terms of going pro, and amount of income.....really what's the difference?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Dumb? I understand a QB in the NFL is about as big of a position as you can get! But, isnt  a NHL goalie comparable? Doesn't Toews and Parise make comparable money to Tom Brady, Aaron Roger's?

Believe me i understand what you are saying, but in terms of going pro, and amount of income.....really what's the difference?

Well in terms of amount of income, it's not even close.  Tom Brady makes twice as much as Toews (in salary), and quite a bit more than Parise. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bigskyvikes said:

Stecher isn't a household name, Wentz is. Toews isn't even a household name because he plays hockey. Toews makes 10.5 mil/yr and Parise makes 7.5. Luck makes 24.5 mil/yr and Brady makes a measly 20.5. For comparison the highest paid athlete in the world is Christiano Ronaldo and he makes 56 mil/yr.