SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Neat opportunity for fans near the Twin Cities. It looks like the 'season' kicks off tonight.

Da Beauty League lives by the attitude of the Beauty. On summer nights, the DBL will have NHL players squaring off in four-on-four hockey at Braemar Arena.

Season tickets: $25. Single-game tickets: $5

Team Rosters

Includes former UND players Zach Parise, Danny Kristo, Brock Nelson, Ben Blood, Jordan Schmaltz, Drew Stafford, Taylor Chorney, Chris Porter, and Joe Finley.

Also, Brock Boeser is playing on Team Velocity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, northernraider said:

My spies around town spotted Dave Hakstol around town yesterday.

Grand Forks must be his new "summer home" destination! 

Been here most of the summer. My daughter works for the EGF daycare thingy. They take kids to the newly renovated pool a couple times a week and she has seen Hak there a few times this summer with his kids. Not sure about this but I heard he is keeping his house in town....?

1 hour ago, bigskyvikes said:

Been here most of the summer. My daughter works for the EGF daycare thingy. They take kids to the newly renovated pool a couple times a week and she has seen Hak there a few times this summer with his kids. Not sure about this but I heard he is keeping his house in town....?

Don't know if it sold or not,  but the for sale sign is no longer there

22 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

I saw his house went off the market. I'm sure he had a hard time trying to sell it. 

On August 1, 2016 at 7:47 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Danny Kristo stays in the Blues org.  This has got to be his year to get himself some NHL games......

Group 6 UFA Danny Kristo has re-signed with #STLBlues:
Danny Kristo
1 yr two-way @ $575,000 cap hit
$175,000 AHL

*From Generalfanager.com

I think Kristo is a year or 2 away from heading over seas.

3 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

He plays an NHL scorer game, but his skill is just barely below that.  KHL might be a good fit for him.

He never really impressed me that much when he was at UND, I think he was talked up too much before he got there and never really reached his full potential. If he was as good as he was spose to be he wouldntv been at UND for 4 years sense he was drafted, just my opinion. I think when you see a player only being given a 1 season 2 way contract it's only a matter of time before they head over seas. Unless he being kept for the Las Vegas thing which I don't really understand, I'll have to read up on that.

11 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

He never really impressed me that much when he was at UND, I think he was talked up too much before he got there and never really reached his full potential. If he was as good as he was spose to be he wouldntv been at UND for 4 years sense he was drafted, just my opinion

I think he was a very impressive individual player that got by mainly on his physical skills (skating, hands, shooting ability) all the way through college.  He never developed the hockey sense to become a full time NHL player, or a really, really dominant NCAA player (like Boeser will be this year).  He probably could've left as early as after his sophomore year, but I don't think a whole lot would've been different in terms of his pro career. 

Kristo and Grimaldi seem to have the same issue, all the skill in the world, just severely lack hockey sense.  If you don't know where to be on the ice or what play is the right one, all that skill doesn't really matter.

3 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

I think Kristo is a year or 2 away from heading over seas.

St. Louis C/F situation has been gutted as of late and he was the leading goal scorer on a half decent Wolves team. I think he will get his shot at the NHL soon.

I think Kristo has earned a call up, a shot at NHL ice but I don't see him sticking as a full time NHLer. Like Grimaldi he needs to find that situation where he can slot into that second line. He doesn't have 1st line talent,  He lacks the 2 way play and drive it seems to gain the versatility of the other roles that 3rd and 4th lines  an play....i.e. Vandeveldes, Porters, Malones of the world, in order to get a toe hold on a big club. 

Europe may very well be in his future, but you never know, this Vegas thing will create jobs and openings so sticking around the American League this year should be a priority for guys like him.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 7/3/2016 at 7:35 AM, UNDPUCKS said:

Brad Malone, C - Signed as Free Agent One-year contract with the Washington Caps.

It is always good for both when someone signed a contract with someone as a free agent but there is one good news for New York Rangers that Keith McCambridge signed a contract with the New York Rangers as an assistant coach of the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL). He spent last 5 seasons as the head coach for 2 AHL teams: the Manitoba Moose and the st. John’s icecaps. He also spent 6 seasons with Alaska of the ECHL. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Blackhawk's NHL Prospect Tournament Roster is stacked with some good forwards:

71 RADOVAN BONDRA 6'5" 217 19 TREBISOV, SLOVAKIA VANCOUVER (WHL)
34 BRYN CHYZYK 6'0" 181 23 VIRDEN, MANITOBA NORTH DAKOTA (NCAA)
44 JOHN DAHLSTROM 6'0" 189 19 KUNGSBACKA, SWEDEN FROLUNDA (SHL)
23 ALEX DEBRINCAT 5'7" 165 18 FARMINGTON HILLS, MICH. ERIE (OHL)
82 ALEXANDRE FORTIN 6'0" 172 19 BLAINVILLE, QUEBEC ROUYN-NORANDA (QMJHL)
62 LUKE JOHNSON 5'11" 198 21 GRAND FORKS, N.D. NORTH DAKOTA (NCAA)
58 GRAHAM KNOTT 6'3" 191 19 HOLLAND LANDING, ONTARIO NIAGARA (OHL)
79 TREVOR MINGOIA 5'8" 182 24 FAIRPORT, N.Y. ALBANY (AHL)
PROVIDENCE (NCAA)
64 TYLER MOTTE 5'10" 174 21 ST. CLAIR, MICH. ROCKFORD (AHL)
MICHIGAN (NCAA)
36 IVAN NIKOLISHIN 5'9" 165 20 MOSCOW, RUSSIA RED DEER (WHL)
78 NATHAN NOEL 5'11" 188 19 ST. JOHN'S, NEWFOUNDLAND SAINT JOHN (QMJHL)
54 ROY RADKE 6'3" 204 19 GENEVA, ILL. BARRIE (OHL)
8 NICK SCHMALTZ 6'0" 179 20 VERONA, WIS. NORTH DAKOTA (NCAA)
25 HAYDEN VERBEEK 5'10" 177 18 KINGSTON, ONTARIO SAULT STE. MARIE (OHL)