SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I was hoping Hrkac, Joyce, Kidd, and Steady Eddie would have hung around one more year. That '88 banner would have been sweet.

I was hoping Doug Smail, Dave Christian, Kevin Maxwell, Howard Walker, Mickey Volcan, and Bob Iwabuchi would have stayed around for the 1980-1981 season ... so that we could have redshirted Troy Murray and not had to bring in James Patrick, Rick Zombo, Gord Sherven, and Dave Tippett early the next year.

I was hoping Doug Smail, Dave Christian, Kevin Maxwell, Howard Walker, Mickey Volcan, and Bob Iwabuchi would have stayed around for the 1980-1981 season ... so that we could have redshirted Troy Murray and not had to bring in James Patrick, Rick Zombo, Gord Sherven, and Dave Tippett early the next year.

What an embarrassment of riches those lineups in the early 80's were.

He IMO would have benefitted greatly from another year at UND before going pro.

I think our team would have benifited more but he always seemed like a euro player to me. He was much more finesse....very good offensive player but the one game I saw him in the AHL he didn't look like the player we saw in GF. It's funny what happens when everyone around you is huge and awesome. D. Olver who played for N mich was the exact same player, except was even drafted higher.

Makes it seem all the more remarkable that Greg Johnson stayed for four, even though he left town a little over 20 years ago. He was a special talent when he was a freshman. Very good student too, maybe that made a difference.

Makes it seem all the more remarkable that Greg Johnson stayed for four, even though he left town a little over 20 years ago. He was a special talent when he was a freshman. Very good student too, maybe that made a difference.

Greg Johnson was a wizard on the ice in 1990-1992. It's a shame that the team didn't have more talent around him in 1991-1992.

Hey, SIouxShop, Greg Johnson bobble head...GET IT DONE!

Greg Johnson was a wizard on the ice in 1990-1992. It's a shame that the team didn't have more talent around him in 1991-1992.

Hey, SIouxShop, Greg Johnson bobble head...GET IT DONE!

Little bit of a sidetrack here but could a company make a Greg Johnson bobblehead with him in the old Sioux logo Greg wore?

Little bit of a sidetrack here but could a company make a Greg Johnson bobblehead with him in the old Sioux logo Greg wore?

UND would have to allow it. That might be one of the ways that UND can use the logo once in a while to keep it active, so they may give permission.

I don't see why not...the Ed Belfour bobble head shows him in the jersey of that era...

Eddie will forever hold a special place in my heart, but it got even deeper when he wore a Sioux jersey to a game that his own flesh and blood started against the Sioux.

I wonder if he was secretly cheering for the Sioux. Had to be. But glad his kid played well too.

Eddie will forever hold a special place in my heart, but it got even deeper when he wore a Sioux jersey to a game that his own flesh and blood started against the Sioux.

I wonder if he was secretly cheering for the Sioux. Had to be. But glad his kid played well too.

That was actually an Eddie impersonator

• 2 weeks later...