SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Pretty selfish to feel that Toews is supposed to bring the cup here. He can do whatever he damn well pleases with the thing. If he brings it here, great. If not, it doesn't matter. Its just a pile of metal.

It is more than a pile of metal, but I get what you mean. It is about what the cup symbolizes for those who've earned the right to have their name enscribed.

I've seen it and touched it. At the end of the day it's just a trophy. The experience of a game is worth far more in my opinion.

I've seen it (resisted touching it since I've never won it and don't have my name on it)...and I saw the 3,000 people who waited outside of the UW-Eau Claire hockey arena to see it too back in 2008. I beg to differ with your assessment.

It's not like I don't like the cup. The story is tremendous and it kicks the ass out of all the other trophies out there. For a player who pours his soul into being able to lift that trophy as a champion it would be amazing. As a fan who enjoys watching hockey the trophy is cool.

I've seen it (resisted touching it since I've never won it and don't have my name on it)...and I saw the 3,000 people who waited outside of the UW-Eau Claire hockey arena to see it too back in 2008. I beg to differ with your assessment.

Who brought it to Eau-Claire?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@NHLFREEAGENTS: Former Winnipeg Jets (F) Jason Gregoire signed by Södertälje of Allsvenskan (Sweden2) #NHL

He IMO would have benefitted greatly from another year at UND before going pro.

• Upvote 1