SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I think Mr. Toews could have used one or two more years at UND :) to help with his maturity, as he is lacking some this playoff series :sad:

But according to Goon, Detroit's a bunch of divers and embellishers! Obviously the officials are Gopher fans...

• Upvote 1

But according to Goon, Detroit's a bunch of divers and embellishers! Obviously the officials are Gopher fans...

Not Gopher officials, but Zetterburg (sp?) might have been a Gopher, with all the behind the back muggings of Toews (without calls), but pulls a disappearing act when there's a chance of a face to face meeting, gets behind the officials, or turns Toews over to the large Wing dmen to continue the mugging. While I don't see much diving, the Abdelcater (sp?) act which brought about a Toews penalty and the Wing PP goal, that was certainly embellishment, and no matter how many times I watch the "loop", I can't see any stick, including his own, going off his face.

The ripping Toews is taking from the the between period commentators (until the Hawks win last night) has been comical, while the praise for the Swede is the same. How many goals have either of them scored in this series? A wash, much like the Toews line vs the Parise line in the previous series.

• Upvote 2

Toewser is obviously frustrated with both the legal and illegal shadowing he's been getting. He's allowed to get frustrated. Its an emotional game. Let's not forget he is a Conn Smythe winner, and his play is a huge reason why Chicago won the president's cup.

When you're snakebit (before last night) and not getting any time or space, and when you do get some you are missing your chances, and your team is down, and you know that your own lack of production is a big reason why...and you're the captain...

There's a reason why so many believe that Toews is the best two-way center in the game...if Chicago wins this series, I will all but guarantee #19 puts a big stamp on the next two games.

I think the bigger issue is that Detroit matches up better than probably any other team (except Pittsburgh) with top two centers. Both Zetterberg a nd Datsyuk can score goals and play D. You're not seeing Johnny get any shifts without one of those two out there.

Toewser is obviously frustrated with both the legal and illegal shadowing he's been getting. He's allowed to get frustrated. Its an emotional game. Let's not forget he is a Conn Smythe winner, and his play is a huge reason why Chicago won the president's cup.

When you're snakebit (before last night) and not getting any time or space, and when you do get some you are missing your chances, and your team is down, and you know that your own lack of production is a big reason why...and you're the captain...

There's a reason why so many believe that Toews is the best two-way center in the game...if Chicago wins this series, I will all but guarantee #19 puts a big stamp on the next two games.

I think the bigger issue is that Detroit matches up better than probably any other team (except Pittsburgh) with top two centers. Both Zetterberg a nd Datsyuk can score goals and play D. You're not seeing Johnny get any shifts without one of those two out there.

The Abuse the Toews has taken without any calls being made by the Refs is disgusting.

Reminds one of what has occured concerning marquee players in the WCHA in the past.

I think the that the officials I this series have regressed, the officiating wasn't this bad in the Boston and New York series. And I didn't think it was this bad I the Pittsburgh vs Ottawa series.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Corban Knight will try the free agent market

After my season finished, we had talks with Florida and negotiations took place, but it turned out it wasn’t going to work out for both parties. We told Florida we were going to wait until free agency (Aug. 15) or a trade,” explained Knight.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Gregor+centre+Corban+Knight+could+really+help+Edmonton+Oilers+with+this+skill/8533403/story.html

If Toews keeps going like he is, that path might not be an option for very much longer.

Corban Knight traded to the Calgary Flames

http://flames.nhl.co...s.htm?id=674377

Video interview, Knight still sporting his Sioux pride - http://video.flames....=1325&id=259764

Nice work, Florida Panthers. Would you please vacate Miami tomorrow and fly immediately to Quebec City or Seattle and at least pretend to be a real NHL franchise?

Nice work, Florida Panthers. Would you please vacate Miami tomorrow and fly immediately to Quebec City or Seattle and at least pretend to be a real NHL franchise?

I actually think this was a great move on Florida's part. They received a 4th round pick for nothing, Corban wasn't about to go there anyway, FLA is loaded up the middle for years to come. Smart move on both sides. I do agree FLA should move though.

• Upvote 1