SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Hope he makes it!

Hell Tate probably faced shots from numerous nhl/pros in his 4 years in practice to keep him on his toes! More than anyone at smaller programs who played in games...Great to see him get a chance at the least. Says a lot about him!

Big Mac destroying guys already at rookie camp

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/opinion/2013/09/leafs-morgan-rielly-turning-heads-at-rookie-tournament.html

Kristo with a great camp and also saw Gleason got a real camp invite. Good for joe!

Thanks @SiouxTradition

@SiouxTradition: NYR's Danny Kristo picked up a goal & an assist vs. MIN today & finishes the Traverse City tourney w/7 pts (2G, 5A) in four games.

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure I saw the other day that Knight had scored a goal at camp, too.

I think Knight picked up a couple of points during the Young Stars tourney, but Calgary's head coach lit into him after yesterday's game (towards the end of the article):

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/hockey/calgary-flames/Feaster+blasts+Flames+prospects+lacklustre/8885656/story.html

I think Knight picked up a couple of points during the Young Stars tourney, but Calgary's head coach lit into him after yesterday's game (towards the end of the article):

http://www.calgaryhe...5656/story.html

Yikes.... Nothing like calling the team out in the media.

Monday, 7 p.m. at the WinSport Ice Complex, the Flames play their fourth game in five nights, taking on the University of Calgary Dinos.

Which, apparently, would be an ideal time for Corban Knight to pick it up.

Asked about the play of Knight, Ward didn’t sugar-coat things.

Yes, the centre had scored Sunday — as did Granlund — but the coach demands more.

“To be honest, he’s got to play with some passion, some vigour,” said Ward. “This isn’t college — you’re not going to have the puck all the time. You’re going to have to go get it back. When Corban has the puck, I’m fine with that. But when he doesn’t have it, he’s going to have to play like Ferland . . . and get his nose dirty.”

Knight is getting his first taste of pro after four seasons at the University of North Dakota

Yikes.... Nothing like calling the team out in the media.

To be honest, he’s got to play with some passion, some vigour,” said Ward. “This isn’t college — you’re not going to have the puck all the time. You’re going to have to go get it back. When Corban has the puck, I’m fine with that. But when he doesn’t have it, he’s going to have to play like Ferland . . . and get his nose dirty.”

2 things:

1. Knights a good player. Nice guy, maybe but he'll adjust.

2. I think this is just a symptom of some hockey people's bias against college hockey. If this guy watched some Sioux games I don't think he'd think college hockey is the ice capades. I submit this guy comes in with a bias, and Knight may have played a little tentatively or soft as he's trying to adjust.

Confirmation bias.

I submit this guy comes in with a bias, and Knight may have played a little tentatively or soft as he's trying to adjust.

Confirmation bias.

In the past, the Calgary Leadership hasn't been all that found of college hockey players.

• Upvote 1

So a recap of who all was at training camps....update if I've missed someone or u saw if they were assigned

24 alumni with 16 teams ....ie most teams in the NHL had a Sioux Alum at training camp

Chicago

Toews

Gleason. - released

Washington

Genoway

Watkins

St. Louis

Oshie

Porter

Chorney. - placed on Waivers

Phoenix

Hextall

LA kings

Greene

Frattin

Forbort

Ottawa

Blood

Calgary

Knight

Philadelphia

VandeVelde

Buffalo

Stafford

Colorado

Malone

Minnesota

Praise

New Jersey

Travis Zajac

Darcy Zajac

NY Islanders

Nelson

Finley

NY Rangers

Kristo

Toronto

Macwilliams

Tampa Bay

Lee

So a recap of who all was at training camps....update if I've missed someone or u saw if they were assigned

24 alumni with 16 teams ....ie most teams in the NHL had a Sioux Alum at training camp

Chicago

Toews

Gleason. - released

Washington

Genoway

Watkins

St. Louis

Oshie

Porter

Chorney. - placed on Waivers

Phoenix

Hextall

LA kings

Greene

Frattin

Forbort

Ottawa

Blood

Calgary

Knight

Philadelphia

VandeVelde

Buffalo

Stafford

Colorado

Malone

Minnesota

Praise

New Jersey

Travis Zajac

Darcy Zajac

NY Islanders

Nelson

Finley

NY Rangers

Kristo

Toronto

Macwilliams

Tampa Bay

Lee

Good work! Thanks for doing this! Though, out of curiosity...who is Praise and who is Macwilliams? Are they related to Zach Parise and Andrew MacWilliam? ;)