SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Chay Genoway's +/- numbers while at UND:

2010-2011: +12 (11th on team, 5th for Defense)

2009-2010: +2 (only played 9 games)

2008-2009: +5 (T-5th on team, 3rd for Defense)

2007-2008: +16 (3rd on team, 2nd for Defense)

2006-2007: +13 (4th on team, 2nd for Defense)

He was never a minus, and was a collective +48 in his career at UND. Crow is on your left.

Ouch. Always hate it when facts get in the way of a good trolling rant. :)

• Upvote 1

-1 for the season and -4 for the playoffs. When a d has 36/37 points he should not be even close to being a minus.

Yes, he will always hover around even regarding +/- but he brings a ton of other skills to the game. Great offensive skill, awesome PP quarterback, etc. He is not a shut down defencemen by any means, but he brings other skills to the game. He will play in the NHL and he was not one of our worst defencemen, he was one of our best.

• 3 weeks later...

Frank White is the man!

Frank's tests are not tough at all. Very well written tests though. One class I had with him had a question that we had never talked about, nor was it in the textbook. I brought it to his attention that the subject was never discussed and pointed out to him the correct answer, since I knew it. Frank's responce? Everyone got a free answer. Frank is a good guy without a doubt and a great instructor.
  • Upvote 1

Frank's tests are not tough at all. Very well written tests though. One class I had with him had a question that we had never talked about, nor was it in the textbook. I brought it to his attention that the subject was never discussed and pointed out to him the correct answer, since I knew it. Frank's responce? Everyone got a free answer. Frank is a good guy without a doubt and a great instructor.

Isn't this the norm for instructors you had? Do you mean that other instructors would just turn you away and say "too bad" if a test question had an error or the subject was never discussed?

Isn't this the norm for instructors you had? Do you mean that other instructors would just turn you away and say "too bad" if a test question had an error or the subject was never discussed?

Have you ever taken chemistry and UND? Worst teachers ever. Alot of undergrad teachers at UND suck at teaching.

Have you ever taken chemistry and UND? Worst teachers ever. Alot of undergrad teachers at UND suck at teaching.

I have taken 121 and currently taking 122. The two teachers I have for the classes were actually good. They were actually consistent with what they taught in lecture to what was on the tests.

If you want bad, go to the building next door. :devil:

At most major universities across the country (I include UND & NDAC in this list) it is no longer about whether the instructor is actually good at teaching students, but about how good the individual is at performing research. This is why a number of professors hired to "teach" at American universities are from countries such as Pakistan and China. Their ability to speak in a large lecture hall in a manner which can be understood by the average student isn't really taken into consideration. This also contributes to the rising cost of higher education, as these "top researchers" are a bit pricier than the basic instructor who typically does a better job educating the students.

• Upvote 4

At most major universities across the country (I include UND & NDAC in this list) it is no longer about whether the instructor is actually good at teaching students, but about how good the individual is at performing research. This is why a number of professors hired to "teach" at American universities are from countries such as Pakistan and China. Their ability to speak in a large lecture hall in a manner which can be understood by the average student isn't really taken into consideration. This also contributes to the rising cost of higher education, as these "top researchers" are a bit pricier than the basic instructor who typically does a better job educating the students.

Wow did you hit it on the head. I couldn't have said it better myself. +1 for you.

That's true, and it's not a good thing for the students actually there for an undergraduate or advanced degree. It's great for bringing in federal grant dollars. (My daughter got her masters at UND, my son got his undergraduate at NDSU....both are avid Sioux hockey fans).

Liked Frank White's class, loved Dr. Munski's class. Yeah his classes were way too easy, but I don't think I've ever had a professor that cared more about me as a student. Took time to talk to me, and was always very considerate to all students.

Anybody remember the name of the guy who teaches/taught soc statistics? Guy wore one pink sock and one white sock all the time because he said he didn't match his socks in the morning. I'm horrible in the field of mathematics, but the guy taught me statistics....some how some way....

Liked Frank White's class, loved Dr. Munski's class. Yeah his classes were way too easy, but I don't think I've ever had a professor that cared more about me as a student. Took time to talk to me, and was always very considerate to all students.

Anybody remember the name of the guy who teaches/taught soc statistics? Guy wore one pink sock and one white sock all the time because he said he didn't match his socks in the morning. I'm horrible in the field of mathematics, but the guy taught me statistics....some how some way....

Tim Driscoll. Great guy who got screwed over. He is at Crookston now.

No it would not be the norm. First you have to believe the student who pointed it out since I doubt anyone else would have known what the question even meant. I knew what it meant and what the answer was. How many times have you seen a question on a test that you had no idea about? Since you have no idea what it is about how would you know that it was never talked about or in the textbook? Here, what is an H1B Visa and the problem with it? No you can not Google it. So in Frank's intro class who would know what an H1B is?

No it would not be the norm. First you have to believe the student who pointed it out since I doubt anyone else would have known what the question even meant. I knew what it meant and what the answer was. How many times have you seen a question on a test that you had no idea about? Since you have no idea what it is about how would you know that it was never talked about or in the textbook? Here, what is an H1B Visa and the problem with it? No you can not Google it. So in Frank's intro class who would know what an H1B is?

Obviously, only one person that ever took Frank White's intro class has known what H1B is. Ever. Good for you.

I assume every foreign student, especially hard science majors, knew.

Here, what is an H1B Visa and the problem with it? No you can not Google it. So in Frank's intro class who would know what an H1B is?

It is a work visa for workers with technical skills. No, didn't search it and no, not an attorney.

If you took the majority of your classes in Upson, Witmer, and Harrington, tests normally were about taking the concepts and principles you were to learn and applying them to problems you hadn't seen or considered before.

. No, didn't search it and no, not an If you took the majority of your classes in Upson, Witmer, and Harrington, tests normally were about taking the concepts and principles you were to learn and applying them to problems you hadn't seen or considered before.

What if we took most of our classes at Whiteys and Frenchy's