SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

The Minnesota Wild are all but eliminated in the NHL, it'd be nice to see them have Genoway make his NHL debut. Looking at his statistics he has had a great year for the Aeros and is one of the leaders on the team in plus/minus. Why not?

It's The Wild ... They'll probably try to bring in Neil Broten next season.

• Upvote 1

Toronto's new coach is a fan of Matt Frattin

Carlyle had some kind words regarding rookie forward Matt Frattin, who seemed to have some chemistry with Grabovski and MacArthur when he was teamed with them in Montreal on Saturday night.

“Any young player with the skill-set of a Matt Frattin should get opportunities if he continues to play well. That’s why he was drafted where he was drafted (99th overall by Leafs in 2007) because people believe he has the skill-set and ability to make a contribution at the NHL level. He’s a smart player, he knows his way around the rink. He can get up and down the ice effectively and he was fairly safe defensively (in Montreal).”

Minnesota wild playing shorthanded defensively tonight.....hmmm....may be a good time to bring up a defenseman that would add some offense to their team.

That being said now they'll go get Rob Ray.

They actually recalled Tyler Cuma, but Cuma missed his flight to Phoenix. I wish they would recall Chay.

Chay Genoway: 23 pts in 55 games (6 G, 17 A), Tyler Cuma: 7 pts in 57 games (0 G, 7 A). Cuma scored 4 points in 31 games with the Houston Aeros last year. I think one of the reasons why they recalled Cuma is because he was the Wild's 1st round draft pick in 2008.

They actually recalled Tyler Cuma, but Cuma missed his flight to Phoenix. I wish they would recall Chay.

Chay Genoway: 23 pts in 55 games (6 G, 17 A), Tyler Cuma: 7 pts in 57 games (0 G, 7 A). Cuma scored 4 points in 31 games with the Houston Aeros last year. I think one of the reasons why they recalled Cuma is because he was the Wild's 1st round draft pick in 2008.

Makes it easy to see why the Wild have missed the postseason the past (insert playoff year drought here) years. Cuma is a great player, don't get me wrong....but the numbers speak for themself. Maybe Genoway will be a free agent in the near future and get on with a team that will actually give him a chance in the NHL.

I wonder if Cuma was called more cause he may have been a Yeo guy last year in Houston, doesn't make sense he wild are abysmal at best, I still think Chay skates in the NHL this year.

I wonder if Cuma was called more cause he may have been a Yeo guy last year in Houston, doesn't make sense he wild are abysmal at best, I still think Chay skates in the NHL this year.

They probably called up Cuma because he was a high draft choice that has had injury problems in past years so they want to see what he can do in the bigs. They have a lot more time and money tied up in him than in Chay so they need to see if he has a chance.

I'd like to see Chay get a chance too, but Cuma's been in the org a long time, has faced a lot of adversity, and this could be the club giving the guy a reward for persevering. Right now the Wild aren't really fighting for the playoffs, so seems to me they can reward a guy rather than worry about scoring an extra goal or two.

With TJ Oshie's goal tonight (18th) the Blues are now 14-0-3 when the Osh scores!! He has his own Lamoureaux streak going!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3801/news;_ylt=AvQJkpbhJBqX9FZfSFZeCnBivLYF

Mar 6 LW T.J. Oshie scored his 17th goal of the season in Tuesday's 5-1 win over Chicago. The Blues are 13-0-3 this season when Oshie picks up a goal. He leads the team with 47 points.

A buddy of mine sent me this link this afternoon. I figure it is getting towards the end of his workday so he probably mentally checked out. http://thedirty.com/...t-she-is-taken/ All I have to say is well done Osh.

Good for them ... so we can pencil in Oshie Jr. for a scholarship in 2033. Maybe another in 2035.

Nice to see him playing toward his potential - leading the Blues in scoring.

• 2 weeks later...

Good for him. The 'Hawks did it for Toews. And Parise is in a good position to make serious $$$ with the Devs,or maybe somewhere else.

I am hoping that Zach Parise signs with the Wild but yeah... I think Oshie will get a nice bump.

I am hoping that Zach Parise signs with the Wild but yeah... I think Oshie will get a nice bump.

The Wild would hinder his career, like everybody else's. I'm thinking he'd probably do well in StL under Ken Hitchcock, but I'm not sure they could afford him. Detroit?

• Upvote 1

The Wild would hinder his career, like everybody else's. I'm thinking he'd probably do well in StL under Ken Hitchcock, but I'm not sure they could afford him. Detroit?

I have heard that the Wild are not only interested in Parise but also Drew Stafford. Don't know how much of that is true but it would be nice to see them on the same line again!

Parise to the Blackhawks. Make it happen. Toews Kane and Parise. Boom. Maybe throw in Bochenski for good measure.

Sign Parise to take Kane's spot, trade Kane for defense or goaltending. There were rumors not that long ago that Buffalo was shopping Ryan Miller. I love the Hawks but hate Kane. Duncan Keith is on my s*** list now too after his elbow...despite my despise for the Sedin sisters. The only guy who would deserve an elbow like that in the league would have been Ulf Samuelsson.

Showed a lot sticking up for Bozak like that, but that fight was pretty much decided before it started... 6'0 200 vs. 6'3 220... Still I give him props for having the balls to stick up for bozak though haha

Even though he got his a$$ handed to him, I'm sure it got him some extra credit points with his teammates...