SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Sign Parise to take Kane's spot, trade Kane for defense or goaltending. There were rumors not that long ago that Buffalo was shopping Ryan Miller. I love the Hawks but hate Kane. Duncan Keith is on my s*** list now too after his elbow...despite my despise for the Sedin sisters. The only guy who would deserve an elbow like that in the league would have been Ulf Samuelsson.

kane is one of the most dynamic players in the league.. whats not to like about him? He isnt dirty and pplays a fast paced game and can pass extremely well yet find the net quite often.

Ben Blood signed with the Ottawa Senators today and will report to Binghamton

I feel confident and ready and that’s because of the coaching staff and everything I’ve learned from them,” said Blood, who routinely logged more than 30 minutes of ice time for UND. “I owe them a lot. I owe the program a lot. I wouldn’t be where I am today having not spent four years here.”

Blood said he made the right decision to return for his senior season.

“I wish I had a fifth year,” Blood said. “I would come back in a heartbeat. If I could tell anyone who is thinking of leaving early, I would tell them I’d do this again. There’s nothing like playing in The Ralph. There’s nothing like playing for Dave Hakstol. It’s such a special place. You won’t find it anywhere else. I’m glad I came back for a fourth year. I feel really good about it.”

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/233799/group/homepage/

kane is one of the most dynamic players in the league.. whats not to like about him? He isnt dirty and pplays a fast paced game and can pass extremely well yet find the net quite often.

He plays hard when he wants to, which isn't often enough. He's a guy that can help you, but I don't think he's the difference in the Hawks winning another title or not. They need defense and goaltending. He's one of those guys that plays the game like he's entitled to be a star. I'm not a fan of his cockiness. He isn't dirty because he isn't big enough to back it up. He isn't the scoring machine he was supposed to be as the #1 pick. He's a great offensive guy, but he's not irreplaceable. His defense is lacking severely more-often-than-not.

If Chicago could trade Kane and a second-pair defenseman for a top pair defenseman and a second-line scorer, I think they'd be wise to do it. They'd gain defense and lose some of Kane's off-ice antics and distractions.

It be interesting to see what Chicago and Buffalo (Kane's hometown) could work out for mutual benefit.

Showed a lot sticking up for Bozak like that, but that fight was pretty much decided before it started... 6'0 200 vs. 6'3 220... Still I give him props for having the balls to stick up for bozak though haha

This reminded me of a beer league game where Tarek Howard and Paul Endres (El Roco) squared off. No punches were thrown but I know who would have won that fight.

If Chicago could trade Kane and a second-pair defenseman for a top pair defenseman and a second-line scorer, I think they'd be wise to do it. They'd gain defense and lose some of Kane's off-ice antics and distractions.

It be interesting to see what Chicago and Buffalo (Kane's hometown) could work out for mutual benefit.

i like kane as a player. and by the contract they gave him (same as toews contract) i would say chicago likes him too. he hasn't had any off ice disiplinary issues has he? other than wanting his change back from a cabbie? but if we're playing the what if game... kane and one of the dmen other than seabrook or keith for tyler myers and stafford. works for me :) the more sioux on a team the better.

Ben Blood signed with the Ottawa Senators today and will report to Binghamton

http://www.grandfork...group/homepage/

Dagies ~ there's lots of material in that article for you. :)

It is truely amazing what these players say about the program every year. Whether it's Zach Parise, Jonathan Toews, Chay Genoway, Drew Stafford, Matt Frattin, Ben Blood....you could go on and on with the list and they all are saying the same thing. None of them are happy to leave.

It says so much about the program and especially about Dave Hakstol. Whenever there is a coaching change you wonder if the new coach will be able to maintain Fighting Sioux hockey as the premier college hockey program in the country.

Gino Gasparini took the program to the top during his time. Then Dean Blais came on and started ripping the top talent out of Minnesota and Canada and built on the tradition and elevated the program some more. Then, just when you think there is not a next level for the program to jump to, Dave Hakstol comes along and establishes a new standard.

When Hak leaves we'll all be worried that the next guy won't be able to keep the program at the highest level, but I'm just wondering if we should start a new "Fire Hak" thread so we can get a new coach and establish a new college hockey standard that others can only dream of. :bigsmile:

Actually, I hope Mr. Faison gets Hak locked into a long-term contract as a coach until Dave wants to take over his bosses job. :)

• Upvote 2

Actually, I hope Mr. Faison gets Hak locked into a long-term contract as a coach until Dave wants to take over his bosses job. :)

Yeah I agree, I wonder how long it will be, before we get an announcement that Dave Hakstol has been locked into a new contract? Hak signing an extension will cause some to lose their mind.

Edited by Goon

Dagies ~ there's lots of material in that article for you. :)

It is truely amazing what these players say about the program every year. Whether it's Zach Parise, Jonathan Toews, Chay Genoway, Drew Stafford, Matt Frattin, Ben Blood....you could go on and on with the list and they all are saying the same thing. None of them are happy to leave.

It says so much about the program and especially about Dave Hakstol. Whenever there is a coaching change you wonder if the new coach will be able to maintain Fighting Sioux hockey as the premier college hockey program in the country.

Gino Gasparini took the program to the top during his time. Then Dean Blais came on and started ripping the top talent out of Minnesota and Canada and built on the tradition and elevated the program some more. Then, just when you think there is not a next level for the program to jump to, Dave Hakstol comes along and establishes a new standard.

When Hak leaves we'll all be worried that the next guy won't be able to keep the program at the highest level, but I'm just wondering if we should start a new "Fire Hak" thread so we can get a new coach and establish a new college hockey standard that others can only dream of. :bigsmile:

UND has not hired an "outsider" as head Men's Hockey Coach in decades. Gasparini, Blais, and Hakstol all had UND experience as an assistant coach and Hakstol also as a player. Heck, the process even scrubbed the Gopher stain out of Blais.

I've seen posts here in the past that show the number of former NCAA players in the NHL playoffs but it's been a few years since I've seen something like that. I've tried several searches on Google and various hockey / sports related web sites (NHL.com, CollegeHockeyNews.com, ESPN.com, etc, etc) and I can't find this information anywhere.

Does anybody know where I can find the breakdown of former NCAA players in the 2012 NHL playoffs by NHL team? Even if I could just find a site that shows current active NHL rosters with the team each player came from before entering the NHL that would work. I've seen such sites in the past but none of the sites I've found today listing active NHL rosters contain the information I need.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anybody is able to provide.

I've seen posts here in the past that show the number of former NCAA players in the NHL playoffs but it's been a few years since I've seen something like that. I've tried several searches on Google and various hockey / sports related web sites (NHL.com, CollegeHockeyNews.com, ESPN.com, etc, etc) and I can't find this information anywhere.

Does anybody know where I can find the breakdown of former NCAA players in the 2012 NHL playoffs by NHL team? Even if I could just find a site that shows current active NHL rosters with the team each player came from before entering the NHL that would work. I've seen such sites in the past but none of the sites I've found today listing active NHL rosters contain the information I need.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anybody is able to provide.

If you go to hockeydb.com, then go to current player registers and pick the NHL you will get a list of teams. Click on the team and you can go player by player to see every team they have played on. It might take some time, but you can get the information that way.

If you go to hockeydb.com, then go to current player registers and pick the NHL you will get a list of teams. Click on the team and you can go player by player to see every team they have played on. It might take some time, but you can get the information that way.

I haven't looked but I would guess that College Hockey Inc would have something fairly well organized.

I'm bored and took the time to look.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/pages/former-collegians-nhl-2011-12

Edited by patatoe